How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Have a read to badge for all teammates that have read a conversation. As well as show which user is typing.

Being able to see if a user is typing or has seen a certain conversation in a channel would be really handy. When team members don't respond I'd like to know if they at least saw the conversation to that point to know if I need to reach out to them again or not.

19 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Aaron Ellis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Bryan Adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams has to be the ONLY chat client I have ever used that doesn't show the people's avatar/blob "popunder" your message - simply so you know who has (and more importantly who has NOT) read your message.
    Heck, even Hangouts and fb Messenger do this...
    C'mon Microsoft!
    This is messaging 101-required feature!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree and am surprised this doesn't have more votes. We are using Spark and you can see each user badge show up as they view the latest updates, and their badge will start to flash with dots when they are typing.

Teams feels like a ghost town because you don't know if anyone is out there listening unless they reply or react. Just seeing that people have reviewed your latest contribution to the team is huge.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.