How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

My Tasks view

in Planner (tasks.microsoft.com) there is a "My Tasks" button that shows everything assigned and its current progress status.

Can this be built in to teams?

As i am working on multiple projects it would be good to see what needs doing without having to look through 20 tabs

267 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Aiden shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kubus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in the Right is a drop down for grouping. Change it to 'Grouping by plan' and it is grouped by team.
    But it doesn't Show the Team names, only the bucket names. In my view I have many buckets with the same name. It Needs the Team Name too.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If teams got a 'my tasks' view could it also include items from ToDo/ Outlook tasks similar to how the Files app shows files from OneDrive and Teams.

If you click on the 3 dots below files on the left navigation bar, Planner should be an option. If you click on this, it pulls up all of your tasks across all the teams (e.g. My Tasks) Based on this I believe the functionality is there and currently available. What would be nice is to have the ability to add items to the navigation bar like Planner.

• Jake Carnall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to either pin 'My Tasks' as a Tab in my team, or pin it to the menu down the lefthand side. It's possible to access it now, but it's too many clicks through. Most people work from a task list, so having this more easily accessible will be a great enhancement!

It is there, but buried under the ellipses and a couple more clicks. I really want it to be right there on the left menu so I can see it easily and not have to jump through a few pages to get to it again after going to a different channel.

• Ian Yates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hmm - installing yet another app (the Zoom one) seems to have fixed the ... menu for the time being. Now Planner shows in it, plus a couple of others I'd previously tried.

So, for those who want a "My Tasks" view, install the Planner app from the Teams store "for you". Then use the "..." menu on the left of the screen to access it. You get all of your tasks in one place then

• Ian Yates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The planner app disappears for me from the ... menu that shows beneath Activity, Chat, Teams & Files buttons.

If I go to "More apps", find "Planner" and then click the "Available" hyperlink that shows next to "Add for you" then I'll get to the Planner interface within teams and can see My Tasks, etc across all of the plans.

However once I close out then it's gone from the ... menu again. It was there the other day and staying put. Sounds like a new bug that's just cropped up (19th Feb 2019) :(

• Jonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Tasks should be a main navigation button like Activity, Chat, Teams, Meetings, Calls, Files. Productivity/Collaboration software should easily and quickly show you what you need to get done to help the team.

On the overview my tasks, I would perfer to have rather a table view with as much actions on one screen as possible. Today an action takes too much space on the screen.
    I look at my actions, I do not see that the task is assigned to me.
    On the mobile version, this is even more important, as the screen is smaller.
    I need to have a quick overview on what needs to be done

• Ona Bonsell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, Planner tasks added in Teams only appear in the My Task view of Planner. There is no way to know which team the tasks are associated. Even sorting by Plan doesn't indicate the actual Plan/Group/Team name. Can the team name be added to the tasks in Planner?

I have just started using Teams and yes a centralised task menu would be amazing, Previously I have worked with a system called Midas, this system was one of the best I have ever used and provided a centralised diary system. When I logged in every morning I knew exactly what I had to do and prioritise my tasks accordingly ensuring everything was completed on time, working clever resulting in less working hours and providing better results

• Sigurjón commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When adding multiple planner boards to a single team, it would be good to see my tasks overview in teams, in addition it would also be very useful to be able to select 2 or more team members and see their tasks across plans/teams

• Bryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And for some reason in planner I cannot edit my tasks. Have to go back to the planner tab in teams!

• Tyler Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to have the ability to see all of our own tasks in one place. Currently we have to check everything we are involved in and the only workaround is embedding a website that actually shows those items. It would be more beneficial to have something that is more integrated with Teams. Most of the time it is used in the browser with the embedded site as the portal to immediately click over to the browser.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.