How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Video conferencing on web client

I'm trying to get people here to migrate slowing from Skype for Business to Teams. Unfortunately the install able app tends to crash often, so more people are using the web client which is more stable, faster, and cross platform.

Unfortunately it seems a lot of the functionality we need isn't there, like video conferencing. It seems Microsoft keeps trying to push apps instead of web apps and that seems to be a mistake. I'm sure it's easier to implement, but being able to work completely off the Office 365 website without any installed apps is a much preferable method of working. I hope full functionality will come to the web apps soon.

45 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Aric Wilisch shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Josh M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are we ever going to get this? It seems like pretty basic functionality, and it would open up use to all of our ChromeOS users.

• Matthew Day commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any new update, as my LINUX users continually complain and mention Slack. How about a comment about whether or not true WebRTC will be implemented.
        Audio works. Presentations can be viewed, and companion devices can send video if they join the meeting (iPhone/iPad), but native client support for LINUX and/or Video capability via WebRTC (browser independent) is a must...

• Pierre Trudel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Everything work with Edge on win10.
        On Chrome in the chat tab, video is grey'd out. You can click on audio and a message will say that the functionality is unavailable. In the team tab, you can start a "adhoc" meeting. Video is still grey'd out but audio seem to be working.

It would be nice to know what is supported on wich browser on wich OS. On a Mac or a Chromebook Edge is not an option, and BTW, I am not going to change browser because it work on Edge. Teams is a tool to unite people and make them productive on whatever platform they use. It is placed to replace Skype and bring people to O365. So make it work on everything, particularly WEB base.

• Matthew Moses commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can start a meeting from a team, but it only sends my audio, reporting that video is not supported in my browser. When attempting to start a call with an individual or group, the video button is disabled with a similar message, but audio-only calls work. This was in Chrome and Brave on Windows 10.

• Alix Ak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

no its not working. I tried it on both firefox and chromium. I am using Ubuntu 18.04 but the web client should be platform independent.

• Andreas Hagendorf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Especially important for invited guests who donn't want to get the desktop version installed.

Totally +1 for this feature. Is this in developement at the moment? As the buttons already exist in the webclient...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have several colleagues using Linux, and there is not way to call them using Teams. I guess this important because blocks the migration of a complete company to Teams, we have to evaluate Zoom, Slack and others instead Teams because these problems.

• Elric Hindy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am surprised there is not more noise on this feature.
        We have a large proportion of our team on Linux and a fully functionally web app would be ideal.
        AS well as the bonus of being able to work completely through the web for all other MS products would complete the solution.
        At lease adding a call feature would be the minimal ideal

• Brad Clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When is this coming? The web client has had the following message on it since we started with Teams a few months ago. When exactly is real soon? This feature would be the critical once to complete the solution for us.

"Coming soon
        This feature is coming and will be available real soon! But wait...you can still give it a whirl in the fabulous desktop app."

Feedback and Knowledge Base