or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Warren responded  · 

Sorry everyone, but the feature team has decided to decline this feature request.

-Warren

33 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mark Fletcher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use a clearer (and larger) font in Skype for Business, why is this flexibility not included in Teams chat?

• QD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

May I suggest they re-review this request. This is 2019 not 1980. Font options, even limited, are a basic option in communication tools. The best way to move an application forward is to listen to basic request from users.

• Jeff Irish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every single application I use provides an option to change the display font. Even Skype for Business does this. If the plan is to converge the Teams and SfB lines one would think this is on the roadmap.

• Sean Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Changing fonts is a comfort issue for most of us, but for some it's an accessibility issue. I'm not in the US, so I'm not familiar with the the legislation, but how does this play with the Americans with Disabilities Act?

• Greg Zygadlo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you want to have feature parity with Skype for Business then this feature needs to be there. Using the Teams web client my response are so far to the right it would be nice to have the font abilities like in Skype for Business.

• Me commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Warren Once again Microsoft fails to listen to the users

No wonder Ms is in decline

• Me commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The font being used looks faded. it would be nice if the font used was more like lync or skype for business.

I have been using teams for a while no and it looks like another MS 100% cool but 50% completed.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you at least find compromise and allow users to change the font size? I don't think I'll really need ability to change the actual font type and color.

• Frank Hileman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a very high resolution screen that is physically small, on a laptop. I don't see how I can use Teams unless I can change the font size.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My wife has severe dyslexia, and can set a custom font that helps her on just about every other program she has installed, but not in Teams. This means she is virtually unable to use this tool. Reconsider this strange decision please!

• Sean Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is another example of the quite mid-boggling reluctance to give users ANY control over their own experience of the UI.

Using a trio of large, hi-res monitors? Using a single small, low-res monitor? Using a laptop in bright sunlight? Using a desktop in a basement IT department? Using it for chat only? Primarily for file management? Managing a team of 3 people? Or 300? 20-20 vision? Visually impaired?

Don't worry - there's no need for confusing options as MS has chosen the one true font, one true color scheme*, one true information layout, and one true optimum window size that will work for all of those cases!

Except that it doesn't.

Please, please, give your users meaningful control over basic features of the UI. You can keep the defaults as they are, and keep the marketing people happy with the purple-and-grey "brand identity". But please let the people who have already bought the product actually use it effectively.

* - all right, two true color schemes.

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Within the conversations, we should have the ability to control the font used for a conversation entry/reply.

As an example, when copying content from an email, the font is copied too and does not automatically get processed by Teams to match the Teams font. There is no way to select this content once it is pasted in Teams and then change the font to match the current font.

This shows that Teams DOES support other fonts but does not want to let the user have the ability to change the font.

In the meantime, posts in conversations such as the aforementioned example look ugly and chaotic. Please either:

1. Allow us to change the font;

-OR-

2. Automatically have all pasted content match the font of Teams.

We really need to open this thread back up. TEAMS just takes up too much desktop space with the current limitied font sizes

• Ross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can the feature team explain why something as basic as customizing the font is not possible?

• Aaron Wood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really pathetic. I am forced to use a Mac by my employer, so I guess I have little choice but to use the Teams app in a virtual machine. Which is ridiculous. I just can't read fonts that small. *sigh* Guess I'll use the web app instead.

How ultimately disappointing. I am not a teams user by choice. I am forced to use it by management and being restricted (by more than font settings alone) is making me less happy to use it every day. I will not be the one to suggest using MS Teams. Ever. Anywhere.
        e.g. you also do not honor the LC_TIME setting, but force builtin language settings. So if I want 24-hour display instead of 12AM/PM, I feel forced to select Dutch where the rest of my applications work fine under en_US.utf8 with amended LC_TIME

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base