How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Allow removal of people from Group Chats

Once a person is added to a group chat. You cannot remove them. You must create a new chat and lose all the history.

460 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Patrick shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

68 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michelle Desmarais commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To add to this thread, auto-removing disabled users from group chats rather than keeping them in the chat would make more sense. We've had a few employees leave and have had to recreate the group chats due to the accounts no longer being active which means we now lose any history from the original group.

Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

*looks at date of the request, looks at today's date* This was asked for more than a year ago and it is "in the backlog"? That is a super helpful timeframe.

• Frank Lombardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an absolute necessity. It should be made a priority if the software allows for guest access it should allow for guest removal across the board. It really be some a security issue which is why it would be a priority and not on a backlog.

• Neil Carmichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Given you only allow 20 people in chat :-( you should at least allow us to remove people so we can add others

Being 2018, and being Teams the 1.000.000 IM tool made by MS, (Comic Chat, MSN, Skype, Skype for Business, MS Communicator, etc, etc) I cannot believe I can't remove people from a group chat.

• Monica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is useful as we don't have private channels and it's appropriate to remove ex-employees who can no longer log in and 'leave the group'.

Not sure why this is in a backlog. Group chats in all messaging programs in the world allow admins to add and remove members....it's a basic feature that should have been designed into the first roll out.

Having to ask everyone to leave a group chat and start a new one just because we cant remove a user is cumbersome and a big problem.

yes please as I have added people who can't access their login through this company email and now my group is full. I need to removed some people out of the chat as they use an alternative email address.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base