How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Allow removal of people from Group Chats

Once a person is added to a group chat. You cannot remove them. You must create a new chat and lose all the history.

1,065 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Patrick shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

138 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Meloney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this change been made yet? I am trying to do the same and don't see the ability to remove members from my Team's group chat.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The year is 2030. Most cars are driving themselves, physical money doesn't exist anymore. We can travel from Montreal to Tokyo within six hours thanks to new transport technologies. The sun is shining, birds are singing. You get to the office, and have to start a new group chat again, because you still can't remove people from the original one if need be.

Life is good.

• David Suen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is quite bothering when someone accidentally added a user that is not suppose to join the group chat, and no one can kick the user out. Winter is ending soon, so is this ready yet?

• Andreas ? commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please.. just a little status update.
        The lack of this basic feature is holding our deployment back.

• Conor Gallagher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is "this" contextual? Did you mean winter 2018? Or were you pointing at 2019 in a calendar but forgot to share a photo? Or perhaps you live in Australia and thus winter is in fact May 2019? Oh! The suspense! And the poor people who are still getting spammed with my teams group chat even though they left my team up to 7/8 months ago! And will somebody please THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

• Brenda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates? I'd like to be able to remove people from a group chat.

• Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you want a running group of people in a chat, you should probably make a Team and no just a Group Chat.

This seems to be stone age technology where once you've started chiseling into the side of a cave it's there forever. Editing is one of the attractive features when sending a message.

1) When starting a new group chat that's still in draft mode I can't even edit (delete) any of the participants after they been added.

2) When starting a new group chat that's still in draft mode I can't backtrack and delete the draft.

This is absolutely annoying and impedes me wanting to use Microsoft Teams for a free flow exchange of ideas. To repeat, editing is one of the attractive features when sending a message in any format. PLEASE FIX THIS!!

• manju commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I vote for this feature, sometimes unknowingly add wrong persons and cannot uno Thanks!

Surely it's almost ready? I have a hard time figuring out what is taking so long for such a basic option.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base