How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

change email address or create a alias mail address

Hi,

I love teams
However we strating office 365 for a few months ago.
At that timne a created the necassary groups and distribution lists.
everytime worked fine.

office365 groups were new for me so I didn't use them.
for two weeks ago I started to explore teams and create a ream foir our ICT department.
We start using it and had a lot of channels and discussion creaed since then.

yesterday I saw office365 created a office365 group for this team whice is shown in de company addresslist. this group has also, san unwanted mail address.

Right now in office 365 I have two groups 1 office365 group and 1 distributionlist with the same members, but there own mail address.

I didn't found a way to merged this two.

I tried to remove the distribution group, but cannot give the office365 group a second mail address or change the existing one.

I can create a new team when the distibution group is removed, however I cannot move the existing channels with them confersations from one team to another.

So create apossibilty to change the enail adress of an office365 groep created by teams.

As workaround I hide the distributiongroup (not possible with an office365 group) in the companies addresslist. I have to administrated two groups to keep the users the same, but this is not a real problem for one group

90 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Peter Vroegop shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow user to disable the Office 365 email (for their Team) and/or include changing/disabling it in the admin centre.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to just setting the email address for the Team, also allow to specify the domain to be used for the Team and all Channels. We currently have this ability with Groups.

• Johan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the possibility to change and adjust the email address which is setup automatically when creating a new Team.

• Jason Mayde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The email that needs a generated when you want to email a channel or team does not appear in our GAL and the email format and domain is not one we would give out externally.

Feedback and Knowledge Base