How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Admin Control - Connectors

I would like to be able to have admin control over which Connectors are available for use with Microsoft Teams. These controls do not appear to be present today. For example I want to block the Facebook and Twitter connectors from use in our entire org with Microsoft Teams.

77 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chad Olson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John Barnes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to decouple administrative control from O365 Groups is critical. When can we expect an update to this?

• Eric Clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To further this request, I think it's important to have 3 things from an admin perspective. 1) The ability to see a report of what connectors have been added in Teams. 2) The ability to approve connectors before they are added. 3) The ability to define what connectors you allow in your organization.

With recent security incidents from third-party apps/developers this is a really important feature to create some controls around what's being added in your environment.

Also, the "email to channel" feature does not work UNLESS you give users the ability to add connectors. Why? I don't know. But basically if you want the feature that allows Team Members to email into a channel, you have to open yourself up to all of the connectors.

• Frank S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, the feature is available now but unfortunately we can't disable the Microsoft ones. We need this ability to turn off ones which are not supported by our Company.

Feedback and Knowledge Base