How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

annotation of PDFs

The ability to annotate PDFs, or at least open in a PDF reader that will, without having to download the file, annotate, and upload.

173 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Robert shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chase Sillery commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be really helpful if you could annotate on any document you upload really. Sometimes it takes a while to export an InDesign file that's 200 pages and would be easier just to upload to Creative Cloud and then have the ability to do on screen annotations. Additionally, it saves so much time to be able to have annotation on the computer versus print out, but makes Teams far less appealing to my company and team because we rely heavily on different co-workers to contribute feedback to something I'd create.

• tony nero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams is supposed to be a collaboration tool , not being able to have 1 or more people annotate a document at the same time sort of defeats the purpose of collaboration.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. Hit this problem today. Not only annotating a pdf, but also reading other people's annotations in a pdf in Teams. I can view the annotations when opening the PDF in chrome, but couldn't view them when viewing the pdf in Teams (desktop version) or Edge!

Absolutely agree...we share a pdf preview from our documentation support and the only way to review/markup is to download a copy, markup, then upload back to teams.
        The documentation support does not work in Word, so we can't share that way.
        Really need this to make Teams fully functional for us

• Michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this so badly! Often, I send a PDF out to review to 10+ people and it is incredibly difficult to manage all the emails and separately annotated PDFs when they come back to me individually. Often one person's comments contradict another's and around and around we go. If we could collaborate and annotate in Teams or some other Office365 app, it would be so much easier for us all. Please add this feature!

• Desmond Wong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is as important as the ability to edit Word/Excel files direct from the Teams interface.

• Mike Yam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is required for our organisation as we need to open the PDF with Acrobat or Foxit or other PDF editor to edit and annotate the PDF file. It will be great if we can right click the PDF file in Teams with "Open with..." options.

• Andres Gonzalez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a designer this is a feature that should be included in Microsoft Teams. Being able to make annotations on a .pdf file without having to download it would save me a lot of time and space on my computer. There is no need for me to have to download a .pdf file, make the annotation and have to re-upload the file. This should be something that can be done online in Teams. Please make this happen Microsoft!

• Neil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is a definite need for my organization. We have been migrating over to Teams and sadly this function is not available. Please make it so asap!

I have a user who is thinking of dropping back to OneNote, using it as a collaboration path for annotating files. Many of them are PDFs. Is there something that enables the annotation of pdfs within Teams yet (a plugin, an update)?

Yes! This would seem to be a core collaborative need. I've been looking for a Tab Plugin to do this very thing and haven't been able to find. I'll try connecting to a file in Sharepoint and see if at the very least, team members can see annotations. Thank you!

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a good feature in Teams. As a work around, you can access your Team documents in OneDrive, which does allow annotation on PDFs with an iPad.

Downloading the files makes a mess of my PC. Definitely need to be able to annotate within the app/program!

• Michele Palazzo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would totally agree! Being a designer, most of my work entails marking up pdfs to share with outside architects. We have just started using Teams to see if this helps with collaboration on site specific projects. Having to download the pdf every time is a pain especially because I can't even designate where I want the files downloaded. :(

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base