How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

annotation of PDFs

The ability to annotate PDFs, or at least open in a PDF reader that will, without having to download the file, annotate, and upload.

379 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Robert shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

65 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be everything we need for our work space. Microsoft please

• Drew Jensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature! At least add the ability to open the PDF file type with a selected desktop application. Thanks!

• Chelsey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This function is essential to the work my organization is doing with Teams and might discourage referring the program to others.

• Dennis Cody commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Commenting in pdf files is a fundamental feature that is needed to help Teams meet its potential to be a great platform.

• John Black commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this feature for standard operating procedures. Users are encouraged to provide input but do not have the authority to make changes without going through an approval process. Adobe Acrobat calls this "Commenting."

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely a must have - Teams allows you to create a conversation around a document but at the moment cannot comment directly on the pdf. For engineering drawing reviews, you need to highlight items on the pdf.

Please add this function.

• Matthias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very usefull indeed! At this point, working with designers and typesetters, I'm using dropbox's powerfull tool to do that, but I use Teams for all other things.

• Ned commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The most important part of my role is quality assurance and all the drawings that I'm receiving is PDF and it would be great if I can redline them in Teams.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

80% of the documents that are shared within our clinical teams are PDF's. It's annoying to constantly have to switch over to SharePoint | browser view, just to add PDF annotations.

• Tyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lacking this feature, and the clunky zooming are key reasons my (quite large) engineering department isn't picking teams up quickly. I find myself manually opening files through explorer regularly just to get annotation capability through acrobat!

• Jordan Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree. We need this for co-reviewing draft level documents prior to publishing finals.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base