How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Cannot view emoji's

Hi Guys, Love MS Teams so far - however myself and few colleagues are stuggling to be able to view emoji's in the web app or locally downloaded version.

We just see a blank text space.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

17 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. Some show up, others do not. Other teammates have the same problem but with different sets of them missing.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same issue, giphy is working, stickers (sticks on loading data), and emoji's (blank) don't work. Both work fine in web client. Works for some users not others. Reinstalled Teams and still doesn't work.

• Pavel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Update: in our case it turned out that our firewall is blocking some of the asset URLs used by Teams. When we removed the block and restarted teams, everything started showing again.

• Pavel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We've had the same problem for a month or two on the desktop app, both on Win7 and 10 (both x64). A few days some of us have emoji, a few days we don't. Exactly like in the blank_emoji.png. Restarting does nothing. Just now I got a message in teams that I got updates installed and now the emojis are broken for me again.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are also having problems viewing Emojis in Teams. It seems to give us the option but then displays a blank space where the emoji should be. We are using Win10 64bit.

Feedback and Knowledge Base