How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Proofing languages

I would suggest it could be possible to include several additional languages options rather than just taking the default language. Thanks.

78 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sergio Luevano shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Athos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Spell checker should work like in Skype for Business where it auto-detects languages. Needed for anyone working in a multi-lingual team.
    Let's hope it can be added soon...

• Kazzan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. I have Teams in English language, but I am write in Czech. Edge and Windows 10 do this fine by change keyboard language.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is much needed for anyone who works in a multi-lingual team, especially when you're writing in a non-native language. Spell checker should auto-detect between multiple configured languages as it does in Outlook or Word.

Even when set to English UK, the dictionary is English US ... a classic is to spell the word colour ... Outlook flags it as incorrect, when it is perfectly fine, and there is no way to change it. Other software allows you to right click on a misspelled word, and have access to the different spell check languages. Not Outlook. There is no way to use an English dictionary, we're stuck with US English. For any company, misspelling words is not professional and this affects the companies image. On top of which, I, for example, am dyslexic. Without a functioning dictionary which I can trust... I've got real problems.

• Dominik Janiec commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It could be done like in the S4B (Lync), via Windows keyboards manager: switching languages with `Win + Space`.

It isn't easy to figure out what dictionary it is using, and will probably require digging around in the settings. Adding a selection in the right-click pop-up on a misspelled word, which goes straight to the language selection, would save a lot of grief.

• NilsVB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Optionally change the language of the proofing tools without changing the language of the desktop application, e.g.: have the spelling check in Dutch, but let the application language stay in English.

• Balázs Gerlei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enable setting the language for spellcheck separately from display language. I write in Teams using a different language than my display language, and I bet I'm not the only one. Please add an option to set the language of the spellchecking!

Feedback and Knowledge Base