How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Expired password login loop

When I change my expired password in AD, and thus Office 365, Teams Desktop app asks me to login again. The app closes, re-opens and I get the same message. Loop. Cannot get to settings through normal method. Had to use the system tray icon to access settings to log out.

31 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Robin Mayo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Les Murphy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Deleting the Credential Manager items did not help for me. What worked was to right click on the desktop tray icon for Teams while it was prompting with the "Sign In" button, and select "Log out". That menu says "Tasks .. In a meeting, New Chat, Settings, Log out, Quit".

Once I logged out, it prompted me for my credentials and I was back in business.

This is a really nasty user interface bug!

• Olaf Klein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found a workaround:
        - Close Teams
        - In the Windows 10 Credential Manger - Windows Credentials
        - delete all MSTeams* entries

• Sam Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

to fix this issue,

1-open teams(leave it open when it says timeout)
        2-in start par right click on teams
        3- then choose logout and close teams
        4- open teams it will ask you to sign in :)

• Brittany commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the most frustrating issues I've had to deal with in Teams. I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the teams app and it's was still doing this!

• alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

exactly the same issue - i would like to point out that when i DID work out how to log out and log back in with my new password, it reset my theme to light theme again as opposed to my preferred dark. i would have thought that it links settings like that to the user account (i.e. my email address)?

• P.Rouleau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like others, I am expecting the message to do the logout for me and bring me to the login screen instead of this loop.

• Ruslan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Go to desktop app settings and logout manually, then you will be able to enter new credentials

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After restarting computer for the 2nd time it showed up the login screen to Teams. When logged in with updated password problem solved.

• HH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a serious issue -- Teams shouldn't give the "Please log in again" loop, it should just take you back to the login screen when it detects that a login was rejected due to an incorrect password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base