How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Add the ability to " Quick Print " a file without having to download or open in sharepoint

I want to have the ability to print a file without having to download it or opening Sharepoint. A "Quick Print" option would be 100% great

742 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Cesar Delgadillo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Warren responded  · 

The feature team is still digging into the details of this item. I don’t have an update yet, but all your feedback and votes are shared with the feature team every month.
I’ll keep pushing this item and hope to have more details soon.
-Warren

126 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree it would be a good feature. Encountered this today with a co-worker. Trying to promote teams as a service at work. This makes me just want to send email.

• Tracy Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be a great added feature. As a school teacher I use teams often. I have uploaded files that my students may need to print at home, complete at home, and return to the next day. Let's make it easier for students to complete their homework by just clicking within Teams rather than going through a long process.

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only reason I use microsoft is because I work for a company that does. This simple issue is just another example of why. Every other online space I have used can print. But microsoft is micro-useful.

• slp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please - this is a big barrier at adaptation organization-wide, when older team members have to download pdfs, find the pdf, open the pdf, then print the pdf - whereas in email, which they are used to, they can just simply print. Being in a newly adopting company, I have to say there are some surprisingly big gaps in Teams. Don't Microsoft employees print pdfs?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree, this would save my local storage on PC and save wasted time just to download the file

• Kev McLennan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree this would be an excellent addition. Saving on unnecessary local storage on machines and allowing more actions to be completed direct in TEAMS without using other applications

• Victor Sandoval commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When browsing a file in Teams, there is no option to print the file. The only options available are to download the file and to open it in SharePoint, both of which are inefficient and the first one is unsafe. Can you please add an option to print a file from Teams?

• Rob Turley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Direct print (Wiki/Planner/Schedule/Conversations) is essential for maximizing productivity in teams.

• Angie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When can we expect to have Quick print part of Microsoft Teams?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base