How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Add the ability to " Quick Print " a file without having to download or open in sharepoint

I want to have the ability to print a file without having to download it or opening Sharepoint. A "Quick Print" option would be 100% great

478 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Cesar Delgadillo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

90 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a big help. I seems very user unfriendly to download an item just to print it. It's slowing us down.

• Peter Bech-Lutzka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Suggestion: Add "Print" as option under "..." menu (right to a file in Teams).
        It's similar to right clicking af file in Windows Explorer and choosing "Print".
        Best regards,
        Peter

We have recently started using Teams, but we realise not being able to print is a big, big drawback and will become an issue. It's not only documents which we need to print - we also need to be able to print the conversations in the chat (we use the feature as a log and need to be able to have it in print)

• Kyle Erdmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature. I've had several users ask me how to print, and I've only directed them to download the file in Teams, then print, which isn't the most user-friendly process.

• Luis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our company has just rolled out Teams and we're trying to tell everyone to start using teams as a centralized hub for communication, but the biggest drawback, and most likely we'll get pushback is that we aren't able to print or export from Teams. This is a major issue, if anyone know an ETA from Microsoft for enabling this feature. Otherwise we're going to have to rely on Confluence.

• Jackie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My team recently moved to TEAMS and is having difficulty not being able to print from TEAMS. I agree with out comments, have to open another program seems to defeat the purpose of moving to this program. Print directly from TEAMS if a must have if I am going to keep my team engaged in this program.

• jeffwllms commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So it works from mobile decently well because the tabs open up respective apps. But its seems a little crazy that on the desktop you cant just print it from the teams tab. You have to open/edit in the application.

Just seems Team is a great central repository style app, to then have to jump into other apps to print, just seems weird.

• Bart Stradmeijer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Printing from Teams is a "Must have". We are comparing various solutions for working in teams and sharing information. Basic functions like printing and searching are must haves. I'm a little disappointed in the product.

• Rusty Irelan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously this is ridiculous to not have a quick print. What morons thought it wasn't a good idea. Not being able to just right click and make a shortcut. Seriously this is just dumb. In order to make this a smooth transition for people who are used to a cloud server or a network share drive it needs to have the same functionality and ease of use. This thing seriously adds like 6 more steps just to print a **** document. STUPID STUPID STUPID get it together guys seriously it is a no brainer!

• Christian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just hit a roadblock getting our CEO to buy-in to Teams because of this. After explaining how easy and better it is to organize the files and information he wanted to print something... So, then it was time to stutter... Just download it is not a viable answer.

I use Teams as a central file storage and communications area for a training team. We need to be able to print handouts for trainees and it's time consuming and pointless to have to download, then open each individual document in its native app. This really needs addressed as its a basic, fundamental feature that's really needed!

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base