How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Follow and unfollow conversation thread

Hi,

This idea is not new. Currently we have a lot of unnecessary notifications and i believe we need flexible options to either get rid of them or setup banner/alert. And we already got "Follow channel" option in the latest update:
https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16925461-allow-different-notifications-options-on-teams-and

I think we should go forward and improve conversation/thread notifications.It's very annoying when you replied to the conversation and then it becomes spamming. You have no option to unfollow this conversation and keep receiving notifications. From the other hand, there are conversations where you either not mentioned directly by @ tag or not replied yet but want to get notifications about new comments. I think that facebook concept works well here - you can either get notifications or stop notifications (in other words, follow conversation or unfollow conversation).

998 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Artur Ventsel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

55 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need an update, is this still being worked on? Seems like such a simple feature, come on Facebook can't be the biggest game in town that gets this?

• Phillip M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would love this feature. I comment once on a fluff post, then i get every freaking reply the originzation does to one post. I was just trying to be funny. Please let me stop following

• Chad Fleck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been 7 months since the Feature Team said they were working on it. As someone who works in Software Development, this can't be taking this long.

• Theresa Smigura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I often have to choose NOT to add to conversations because I don't want to get spammed with notifications,

• Mario Mendoza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please launch this function it is more user oriented and user friendly than right clicking on the channel or sub channels to get email address to send communication to get it to load in the channel. the current function to email the channel does not notify us.

Very much so want this feature, not having often causes my to not add to conversations because I dont want to get spammed with notifications

• Dom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lack of this feature makes me use contribute to discussions on Teams less because of the notification spam that is going to follow it

This should be an improvement focus on the next release. The banners are very distracting when you have different Team Channels setup. An option to only provide a banner popup when you are mentioned is a valid solution.

• Davin Sturdivant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This. This. A thousand times this.
    Honestly, one of the reasons that my organization has some challenges with adoption is that once people are looped into a thread, they are basically spammed with so many notifications that don't apply to them that they start to ignore the threads all together.

Giving them a way to turn off the notifications, especially when they are only pulled in for a single reply or a short time would be a huge win.

Man, this is embarrassing. @Admin, can't you outsorce it on fiver? Bet you have it done in a couple of hours. Cheers mate!

• Krysta Y commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The scenario for me has been when there's a chatty thread I don't care about in a channel I follow. By following the channel, I get notified for every reply in the thread even though I never participated in the thread myself. It's super distracting. Unfollowing the channel isn't a good option in this case because there are a lot of other posts I do need to be notified for.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base