How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Support for Landscape mode in iOS/Android app

Landscape support for iOS would be a real differentiation point to Slack. Slack lacks support for years now. Users of plus size devices would love to read and type to a channel. If you use a Plus size device in landscape and switch to Teams it is quiet annoying that the orientation switches to Portrait as well.

102 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

C. Schildhorn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dwayne Alton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The iOS app is far better than the Android app. The Android app on a tablet is pretty-much useless. We recently had an MS employee in our office and showed her. She was shocked how bad it is. Why do items listed as "Under Review" sit there without updates for 8 months?

• Ken denman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's too bad Microsoft's employees can't vote on functionality. This deficiency would have been noticed immediately

• Robert Harvey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Critical feature for using Teams on Android TVs - can't swing those 75" bad boys around to portrait! :)

• Simo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Landscape-mode would be very much appreciated. It would be really useful.

• Etienne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A hearty up-vote for landscape! I can't believe these mobile collaboration apps don't support landscape mode from day one. What are they thinking? Microsoft has a window (no pun intended) of opportunity here - strike while the iron is hot! Make landscape happen!

• JJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My vote is to be able to use in landscape. Much of what we post is in table format and I have to scroll to the right to see the most important part for quick decisions.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I noticed when using Teams for a phone call, the App moves to Landscape mode and back, and as @Brandon stated it apparently is already supported. Perhaps they could just remove the lock?

• epictech commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey MS Teams Team

Are you able to make the Teams App (iPhone/Andriod) rotate to a landscape view when in a chat screen??

• LarryN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes is the little things. This is one of those times. On my tablet and my phone, I often am in landscape mode when at office. There isn't that much UX that needs to be developed for this one, so please?

• Brandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The app ignores system settings and enforces a rotation lock for vertical orientation. This makes typing much slower and decreases the usability of the app.

By using 3rd party apps to force rotation override on android everything seems to work fine forcing landscape, so there does not seem to be any technical reason s why the orientation lock flags need to be set.

Feedback and Knowledge Base