How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Change which Tab is default landing page for a Team and/or Channel

Right now the conversation tab is the default landing page for a Team and/or Channel.
I want to be able to have a SharePoint site landing page in a tab and that tab be the default tab open when you navigate to a team or channel.

Think of it like a landing page for that team. You may not want it to drop right into Conversations. If you can have a SharePoint page with a Microsoft Teams conversations web part, you get the best of both worlds.
I can see a lot of scenarios where you'd want the chat window open and another tab at the same time. Rather than having to context switch. Imagine the SharePoint page tab being the way to do that by using Web Parts on a dashboard. A web part for the Microsoft Team and another web part for whatever was in another tab.

1,131 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeremy Thake shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

152 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tamra King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is needed badly, especially in such a basic scenario where you would want the landing page to be the "Wiki" tab to give the new member instructions on how to use the Teams Channel, rules of engagement, etc. Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This just came up in a training class I was giving on Teams. They would like to be able to select where they land the next time they open vs. being put back to the last thing they touched.

The folks in the room will belong to several teams by the end of year, and would appreciate being able to designate their "landing page"

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams is gaining more traction in my organization and this would be a great feature for several of our teams

We need this as our preference would be to have our Power Bi dashboard as the landing page when entering the team rather than Conversations

Agree that there should be an ability for the Teams to determine what's the default tab - For us it's the Planner tab

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea, and would be really useful for large public teams.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would save our Operations team tons of time if we could have our Daily Tasks tab as our default tab instead of conversations. We hardly use the conversations tab and we need the ability to quickly take down tasks when we head to our page.

This change would be an extreme improvement for overall usability and efficiency of Teams!

Honestly, I'd just like to be able to change the default tab, not necessarily to a SP page. For me and my purposes, I'd default to our Planner tabs.

• Carrie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I created a "Home Page" tab that I update with recent announcements and I really want this to be the first thing my team sees when they open Teams. It gets frustrating having to tell them to click on the Home Page tab every time I update it. But if I don't tell them, they don't automatically go there and see the recent announcements. I would like the Conversations tab to move over to the right and only be displayed when they click on it. I want to delete the Files tab, because we have no use for it. It would really be helpful to be able to move, delete, and rename tabs, and to be able to choose the default tab that I want my team to see first.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.