How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Change which Tab is default landing page for a Team and/or Channel

Right now the conversation tab is the default landing page for a Team and/or Channel.
I want to be able to have a SharePoint site landing page in a tab and that tab be the default tab open when you navigate to a team or channel.

Think of it like a landing page for that team. You may not want it to drop right into Conversations. If you can have a SharePoint page with a Microsoft Teams conversations web part, you get the best of both worlds.
I can see a lot of scenarios where you'd want the chat window open and another tab at the same time. Rather than having to context switch. Imagine the SharePoint page tab being the way to do that by using Web Parts on a dashboard. A web part for the Microsoft Team and another web part for whatever was in another tab.

1,131 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeremy Thake shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

152 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • MJS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Related to that it would be great if one would get to the default channel and it's default tab when clicking on a team. Currently the main window remains unchanged and you just show/hide the team structure which I would expect from a different control(e.g. the arrows). Anyhow is there any way to push for a decision or get an update on this topic?

• Nicole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! I would like to have a channel with a website and I want it to default to that website.

• Allison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please! Some of our channels are used only for wiki, and others only for document collab. Users don't know what to do with the conversations tab, and get confused. Definitely would be nice to be able to set the landing page, either at an admin level or at a per-user level (or both!)

• Gareth B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This could be easily accomplished rather than an administrator/owner set landing page... My preferred option would simply to have an option added to "Set default tab" at user level

• Shawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A 'landing page', or being able to re-order the tabs would be a huge boost in achieving user adoption. Once a user gets more than a few Teams on their membership list, it becomes hard for users to easily understand what Team/Channel they're in... a landing page and being able to re-order the tabs would make it easier to customize and communicate to team members what the goals/ground rules/purpose for the specific site.

• Owen Wetherow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have teams with content that have different rates of change.

Slow Change (Quarterly to Annually) - I have a business unit team whose structure changes very slowly so for the General Channel I would like to make the Wiki the default tab but I still need for people to be able to collaborate within the space and to store relevant documents.

Medium Change (Monthly to Quarterly) - Product Families that need regular maintenance Wiki would work well

Fast Change (Daily to Weekly) - Projects underway, Conversations and Files should be the leading tabs

• Rich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Customizing the landing page is amazing opportunity for the employee individualize Teams.
    A landing page with Teams/Skype profile pic with information you use most, what happen while you were sleeping, Yammer feed.

• Kai Reichert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed too. We also need a landing page that shows up first to "guide" the user about the specific content in this team. Without this adoption rate is too low.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes - for example, the project Wiki should be the on-stop shop for project updates, but I can't make it my landing page

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. It should be up to the adminstrator of the Team/Channel to decide which tab should be the default landning tab in Teams. Having Conversations as the default tab is not practical in our case, education.

• Emmanuel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is definitely a must-have. Thinking of Team like the entry point to a project, beeing able to show a planner tab with the tasks status overview would help for adoption...

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.