How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Change which Tab is default landing page for a Team and/or Channel

Right now the conversation tab is the default landing page for a Team and/or Channel.
I want to be able to have a SharePoint site landing page in a tab and that tab be the default tab open when you navigate to a team or channel.

Think of it like a landing page for that team. You may not want it to drop right into Conversations. If you can have a SharePoint page with a Microsoft Teams conversations web part, you get the best of both worlds.
I can see a lot of scenarios where you'd want the chat window open and another tab at the same time. Rather than having to context switch. Imagine the SharePoint page tab being the way to do that by using Web Parts on a dashboard. A web part for the Microsoft Team and another web part for whatever was in another tab.

1,134 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeremy Thake shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

152 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'mg going to contribute to the on going requests to have this feature implemented. It would make life a lot easier. We are utilizing the Wiki page as an introduction to each channel for our team. Essentially it acts as an info page for navigating each channel and ti's tabs / files / external website etc... Please crank this out...

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No one uses the conversations tab in our organization. Please get this feature out asap. Its been one year since the last 'its in our backlog' statement. What is the status?

Hey Microsoft...Here's a clue to make it easy. Why just be able to set a landing page based on the user? In other words, script it so that the owner of the site or the member can change the page that their user defaults too after logging in.

• kajay2e commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! Would like this very much! Would love to special the landing page for a team - thanks.

• Justin Donie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to be able to select which of the tabs is the default landing area for a given Team Channel

• Vince V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely needed. Please take more time to figure out how customers actually use the services. Understanding end user workflow should be a large driver of customer requirements as it should be for any software company that develops code for end user interaction.

• Tony Langford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a public-facing roadmap so we can see how far along features like this are in the development/implementation process?

• Curtis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature really needs to be implemented. If it isn't, it just goes to show that Microsoft really doesn't care about it's customers.

I will take this one step further.

A) It is unacceptable to insist people launch to conversation tab, when I want them to drop into meeting notes

B) Having clicked into the meeting notes tab, it defaults to a specific weeks minutes, rather than the level showing all minutes for all meetings.

Basically, a simple mechanism for keeping notes involves users clicking into the team, then clicking into the meeting notes, then clicking the > at the top to go back a level to be able to pick the week you want to view.

Has this been accomplished? I am looking for the exact same thing. I need a customizable landing page. It doesn't pay to pull in Share Point page, might as well just use share point. Having the ability to create a landing page with a time line, links to other related programs / pages, etc. is ideal.

• Jonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MS Guys,

Subject open from March 2017!
    Don't you think that collaborative tool more dynamics than this?

• Bri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please kill the extra click! Provide ability to choose default tab to open. Thanks!

• Dave Z commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The extra click is quite annoying. While this is a collaboration tool, the fact that we cannot set which tab is shown by default is an inconvenience. We work in the Files tab, or even OneNote tabs much more often than the conversations tab and would like to be able to set which is the landing page.

This should also be allowed per user, not a general Channel setting.

we don't use conversations much - it would be beneficial to adoption if staff did not have an extra click every channel.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.