How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Change which Tab is default landing page for a Team and/or Channel

Right now the conversation tab is the default landing page for a Team and/or Channel.
I want to be able to have a SharePoint site landing page in a tab and that tab be the default tab open when you navigate to a team or channel.

Think of it like a landing page for that team. You may not want it to drop right into Conversations. If you can have a SharePoint page with a Microsoft Teams conversations web part, you get the best of both worlds.
I can see a lot of scenarios where you'd want the chat window open and another tab at the same time. Rather than having to context switch. Imagine the SharePoint page tab being the way to do that by using Web Parts on a dashboard. A web part for the Microsoft Team and another web part for whatever was in another tab.

1,118 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeremy Thake shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

150 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • e Chidna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's unfortunate that this is taking so long. My teams don't take "Teams" seriously because of this landing page. It looks unprofessional. I need to be able to configure the landing page so my team has a dashboard of its results thus far on each project. I'm surprised that this is not getting any traction.

• James Chumas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a new user to Teams and think it has great potential but am disappointed that such a simple request as changing the default (or landing) tab is a “future”.
    It was my first question as well as several team members.
    Were any focus groups convened before Teams launch?
    Is the technology that inflexible that moving tabs is a future?
    You’re Microsoft ! You invented User Experience! Maybe it was Xerox hmmmmm

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a channel that's specifically for file storage. I want the Files tab to be the default since it's extra clicks and time to always have to manually go to the files tab. Should be a pretty simple change I'd think...

• Rob Allen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am confused as to how this request, with this many people asking for it has not made it out of backlog.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agreed - this is a feature the users need. As a member of a large corporate now implementing the Teams software, the current landing page has most of my associates confused and a little frustrated. Not really a good customer experience.

• Veerle Schouten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Microsoft! This is really f*%$ing ridiculous. 2 years and you can't change this?! Shame on you. User friendliness has not been your priority for a number of years now. Fix this, and allow users to move around the order of tabs and change the default landing tab.

• Kim Boggess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since primarily my team is looking to share files out of our group effort it would make more sense for our landing page to be Files. Please make the landing page changeable so that the user does not have to navigate every time to get to the view they are primarily. looking for.

• Thirza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also please remove those 3 bubbles ("Welcome to the Team" at the top of the conversational tab... they make it look like a children's app rated [ALL]…

• Thirza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh come one... no Backlog item takes this long...
    We are trying to use this as a replacement for our Confluence / Slack environment, but these immovable tabs makes it pretty annoying to most users. You can't even start off with an informational tab... :-|

Obviously no feedback on the queries here so not very hopeful this is being addressed. Totally agree we should be able to set any tab in a channel as the default for each channel. And being able to lock down each channel in a Team via permissions vs everyone being able to access /view all channels would be an ideal fix as well. Come on, Microsoft!

• Oda Hagen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need this feature as well. I want to have files as the default tab, not conversations. This should be an easy fix

• Mike S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Want to be able to set Files as the default tab, not Conversations. This is really important for users who are not familiar with Teams

• Juha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please let us know is this happening? Having a planner as a landing page would be really good. As good as the "chat" is, I don't want that to be first thing to see when I open the teams.

• Mark E commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been almost two years. That must be one huge backlog.

Our company (10k+ employees) has just migrated to 365. I'm trying to promote the use of Teams as a collaboration tool. This is the kind of warm and fuzzy feature that makes it less intimidating to the technophobic users.

This would be super helpful! We're moving our business over to Teams, and would love to make the Home page for our site the default tab. This is way more useful and pretty to look at than a feed of random chat updates.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.