How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Change which Tab is default landing page for a Team and/or Channel

Right now the conversation tab is the default landing page for a Team and/or Channel.
I want to be able to have a SharePoint site landing page in a tab and that tab be the default tab open when you navigate to a team or channel.

Think of it like a landing page for that team. You may not want it to drop right into Conversations. If you can have a SharePoint page with a Microsoft Teams conversations web part, you get the best of both worlds.
I can see a lot of scenarios where you'd want the chat window open and another tab at the same time. Rather than having to context switch. Imagine the SharePoint page tab being the way to do that by using Web Parts on a dashboard. A web part for the Microsoft Team and another web part for whatever was in another tab.

1,134 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeremy Thake shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

152 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • John Glenn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do find Teams a bit average. Shame, because it out to be awesome - but my users can't be bothered as the functionality simply isn't there to support the way a teams need to work

• GS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The is the first comment/concern/request from first time (and recurring users). Please do this soon!

• Ken Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am pretty sure that almost no dev has gone into this product in the last couple of years.. That is why so many "features" look half implemented.

• Roel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with all the comments. It is little things like these why I have to continually fight to keep the team on Teams.

• pash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fully agree with this request its slowing down adoption !! is there a roadmap available ?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to be able to rearrange the tab order with the first tab being the default landing page.

• Marcus Erb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
    this experience so so bad...is there a hack to change this. Our users in a Design department don't accept this aweful experience

Found this page from searching for how to accomplish it... astounding that this feature wasn't there from the start and that it has taken so long to implement...

PLEASE add this feature, my organisation is always going to want to get to files before chats.
    It's maddening that any channel or team we open it's on chats first!!

• CWM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be an important add to make Teams the primary point of entry for my team.

Please address this... I thought this was supposed to be a productivity tool. Every time I switch channels, I should land on the most appropriate tab for that channel. By not having this feature, I am wasting a lot of time on.
    Please put on the escalate to see this delivered as a fix as as possisble

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this so that we can choose what tab we want defaulted for each channel. "Conversations" is not needed for the majority of my work on Teams.

• Marc Prosch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New to Teams, and we have realized this was not a changeable. I am astounded. Why would the conversations tab be a forced default. Teams is supposed to be a simplified interface and I have had 3 complaints from non-tech savvy employees about this now. We aren't really going to use the conversation tab so my users are required to add an unnecessary click for each team they are involved in.

Please reconsider the backlog you put on this....... ALMOST 2 YEARS AGO.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.