How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Change which Tab is default landing page for a Team and/or Channel

Right now the conversation tab is the default landing page for a Team and/or Channel.
I want to be able to have a SharePoint site landing page in a tab and that tab be the default tab open when you navigate to a team or channel.

Think of it like a landing page for that team. You may not want it to drop right into Conversations. If you can have a SharePoint page with a Microsoft Teams conversations web part, you get the best of both worlds.
I can see a lot of scenarios where you'd want the chat window open and another tab at the same time. Rather than having to context switch. Imagine the SharePoint page tab being the way to do that by using Web Parts on a dashboard. A web part for the Microsoft Team and another web part for whatever was in another tab.

699 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeremy Thake shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

93 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Beth Ptak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this so difficult to get done? Seems like something that should have been part of initial rollout.

• Stuart J Sickman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree that this should be a feature. Also, Teams is fairly new. Can I customize the image of the Team or Channel allowing me to provide some immediate guidance to those I've invited who may never have used the app before. A Team Purpose field. Allow for arrows, numbers, and text boxes top guide new user through.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems like a relatively simple adjustment that is easily justifiable, in terms of unified communications and collaboration. As a leading UC platform, it makes sense to accommodate user requests like this which allow for added flexibility and customization.

User-configurable is the best. Alternatively, I'd like the default to be Files.

I severely agree with the other posters! My organization primary quip with fully utilizing TEAMS is almost solely with conversations being the default landing page for this platform. I completely understand that this confusion/distaste may be root in a dated way of using office apps since email still is the preferred way of communication. Nevertheless, allowing this feature to be customizable would reap significant dividends in both usability and adoption. This functionality is a MUST HAVE!

I would love to have the landing page as the home tab. My teammate don't like going to conversations and then having to look for the home tab. This really should be up to the user.

• Mike Fagan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found these comments because I was looking for this capability. Disappointed it's not available. I'm having a hard time getting team mates to use the app because the landing page is not useful.

• Monique Verheijen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like this to be adjustable. My collegues want to start in the files tab, NOT in the conversations tab.

• MJK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make the landing page configurable. I want to be able to let guests in certain teams to land on the files tab, NOT on the conversations tab.

• R Little commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would give a strong vote for this backlog item as a high priority. I agree with all the other posters. Using a wiki page for a default landing/home page would significantly enhance the UX and enable so many more use case scenarios for Teams sites!!

• Brett R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometime this year would be great, such slow development. Waiting for channel permissions and other things to make this useful.

• Lene Møller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree - initial use of Teams could be with focus on file sharing, it would improve the user experience if it could be set up that the channel opens on the files tab and not on the conversation tab or other tab which is suitable for each company.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base