How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Change which Tab is default landing page for a Team and/or Channel

Right now the conversation tab is the default landing page for a Team and/or Channel.
I want to be able to have a SharePoint site landing page in a tab and that tab be the default tab open when you navigate to a team or channel.

Think of it like a landing page for that team. You may not want it to drop right into Conversations. If you can have a SharePoint page with a Microsoft Teams conversations web part, you get the best of both worlds.
I can see a lot of scenarios where you'd want the chat window open and another tab at the same time. Rather than having to context switch. Imagine the SharePoint page tab being the way to do that by using Web Parts on a dashboard. A web part for the Microsoft Team and another web part for whatever was in another tab.

838 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeremy Thake shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

115 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Juha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please let us know is this happening? Having a planner as a landing page would be really good. As good as the "chat" is, I don't want that to be first thing to see when I open the teams.

• Mark E commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been almost two years. That must be one huge backlog.

Our company (10k+ employees) has just migrated to 365. I'm trying to promote the use of Teams as a collaboration tool. This is the kind of warm and fuzzy feature that makes it less intimidating to the technophobic users.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be super helpful! We're moving our business over to Teams, and would love to make the Home page for our site the default tab. This is way more useful and pretty to look at than a feed of random chat updates.

• Russell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd really like to use this feaure in our organisation too! Please prioritise!

I think it comes clear to everybody that this is a really big need - so please just do it and do it fast!

• Arkadi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The possibility to specify which tab is the default per channel is a very welcome change. Our team would for example like to set Planner as a default tab. Hope that Microsoft is working on this feature.

Need this also. Any idea when this will be implemented? I just want the landing page to be Files and not Conversations. Seems simple..but what do I know?

The lack of this feature make teams look like just another facebook with extras rather than a serious business productivity system.

Please prioritise this as Urgent

• jem villar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i wish someone could give an update on this.
        Our team likes the way MS teams and Planner works, but we need to customize the Teams landing page to default to whatever we want, having the conversations tab as the default does not help.

I have tracked the evolution of Teams for the past two years wanting to adopt it in my organization, but every time I have tried, basic flaws are uncovered within 30 minutes that cause me to abandon the concept entirely and wait another 6 month to a year before trying it again. For years, I have wanted to use this as a basic Intranet for our organization. Something that provides access to our document libraries, an employee directory which includes pictures, and a news feed that allows managers to communicate to the entire organization. Sounds pretty simple right? Well, try to create that in Teams and have an experience that is intuitive and easy to use for end users. It can't be done and trying to create and manage a fully functional Sharepoint site is overkill for our needs. Clearly others are attempting to do the same, yet where is the motivation when something as blatantly simple as a default launch page has never been accomplished. And by the way, it would be nice to be able to have the default tab as the FIRST TAB and not Conversations and Files. Many of us would like to remove those altogether.

• Sherman Woo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This come up for my client today. She works with a lot of sensitive content, and we found that when she starts up Teams, it defaults to the last place she was at, which might be a confidential conversation with a person. Is there any way to set the default start up?

• Susan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a helpful feature and it would help if when it is added it could be different within channels . For example, on the general tab I would want the 'WIKI' tab (or One Note) to open first, on another channel the default 'conversations' one will work.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base