How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Have the download function of files allow you to select the destination

Currently files are downloaded only to the DOWNLOAD folder. Allow a save as function / select download location.

1,141 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Felix L shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded  · 

This feature request is now actively being worked upon. As we move through the development process, I will post an new updates to this topic.

Please keep the votes and feedback coming in. Your feedback is shared with the feature team every month.

-Warren

145 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there an ETA for when we will be able to select a download location? Will we also be able to change the default download location?

Just researched this and landed here. I am looking forward to seeing this feature update.

It would be grate to have the download function of files allow you to select the destination in MS teams.

I our workplace we have a roaming profile and I don't want to have downloaded files there.

By the way, I noticed that the "Working on it" from Warren was posted 8 months ago. Maybe you can escalate this feature request? :)

This is the number one feature I would like to see added. It's quite a hassle to have to move the file every time I download something. In general, Teams works great. Keep up the good work!

Glad it's being worked on; as I rarely want to use the default download folder :)

• anonymous please commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

not allowing a user the autonomy of deciding where to place a file is ridiculous. I am quite happy to hear that it is being worked on as a fix. Not sure why it was not there to begin with. I always use different directories that the MS defaults. (Word, Excel, OneNote, Others)
        Cheers

Please make it behave the same way web browsers work. Have a default download folder, but have the option to always as where to save a file. That way I can save files to different folders easily.
        Thanks.

July 6, 2018... and the feature isn't ready yet?? Are you short of developers? Everything about Teams sucks...

• mike the dyke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't care for any download folder. I need an option for app to ask me where I want to save the particular file.

• Michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ideally you could set a default download location (other than the downloads folder) AND have an option to be prompted every time. This is fairly standard functionality in browsers, for instance, and lets you set the most likely starting location in addition to choosing alternate locations.

• FH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to be able to change the download folder to automatically save into the folder all my other applications download into. The folder is more secure and already organised. It's a pain to have to keep moving files out of the automatic downloads folder. Could you please resolve?

• Vinod Gubbala commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And year old request, which should have been basic requirement. Still waiting for the update. Hope to get it resolved soon. Its very irritating having to share files daily with fellow team mates.

• Patsy Pollice Jr. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1. Especially now with Skype going away, this is becoming a huge pain. Dropping it to the root of the downloads folder, makes it a challenge, espically when you have so many other things in there, both sorted and unsorted. And even for sorted items, would be nice to file it where it needs to be

• Stephan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Warren,

are you guys seriously working on this for more than half a year now?
        Thanks for any update!

OMG seriously it takes so much time to enable simple, already built into Windows, save prompt?
        It's so annoying sharing files by teams...

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base