How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Have the download function of files allow you to select the destination

Currently files are downloaded only to the DOWNLOAD folder. Allow a save as function / select download location.

879 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Felix L shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded  · 

This feature request is now actively being worked upon. As we move through the development process, I will post an new updates to this topic.

Please keep the votes and feedback coming in. Your feedback is shared with the feature team every month.

-Warren

114 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mitch Hawkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need this feature added, my browser default downloads to a folder I created in OneDrive, naturally I want file to go there rather than my device disk.

End-users don't know where their files are going, it's not intuitive to click on the notification label, and doesn't inform you where the files has gone.

• Eric B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm another who likes the idea of getting prompted by a file chooser dialog for where to download.

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Again, amazed how long time it can take for these incredible straight-forward functions.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need this function implemented as I deal with a high volume of files downloaded.
        The way Microsoft implemented, I cannot organize easily, can be really annoying.

Please, even allowing for a dialog to pick your download folder at the time of getting the file would be better than a default to "Downloads" only.

• Ross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are wanting to transition to Teams however downloading is not working on my colleagues computers it works on my device but no one else

I would also like to see a download folder setting like all other computing technologies have been doing for years.

Any progress on this? Should it really take more than half a year to add this "feature" that should have been existed from the beginning in the first place?

Thank you

• SORIN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am so surprised that changing the download folder is not available...this is the first time I cannot find such feature.

Please implement this feature

Every browser allows us to change our default download folder, the option should be in Teams preferences too. I always download to my desktop.

• James Mazur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this feature going? This doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to implement.

• Vincent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe this wasn't implemented. The download file feature doesn't even tell you where the files end up. Is Teams still in beta?

• Rob Pidgley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The feature has been activley worked on since July, can we have an update on a reslease date for this featur eplease.

• Novi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This' the MOST IMPORTANT feature! Please have it available soon! ease my life!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base