How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Place Saved Conversations Top Left Navigation

"Saved" conversations should appear under "Activity" or somewhere else in the left bar navigation as shown in the screenshot below.

Currently "Saved" appears in the sub menu of my profile

135 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

FHM shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gonzi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to see last conversations of all types as I can on facebook messenger. Activity feed is basically spam and other views are ordered differently.

If I chat with 3 coworkers and in one team conversation, I am interested in only those 4 threads. I want to clearly see those.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the idea. The biggest gripe I have with Teams right now is that you can easily lose track of important messages. Once you start connecting with many team members and channels, you will have lots of different messages to keep up. Currently, I end up marking messages as Unread if I need to get back to them because they take a longer time to resolve. Bookmarking/saving such messages would be another option, but only if such messages are in clear view (in the sidebar) and remind you that they still need your attention.

Killing several birds with one stone would be to make the side bar customizable. Allow the user to decide what is shown in the sidebar and in which sequence, very similar to the Windows taskbar on the bottom-right of Windows OS screens. That way users that are frequently using Planner or Wiki could also include these apps as quick direct links in the visible (!) side bar.

• J K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. The current location of saved items is well nigh undiscoverable, compared to the rest of the items on the sidebar.

I agree with M. Komiya, I'd prefer a Saved button on the sidebar with a purple (color coded to match the ribbon bookmark) badge. Perhaps not as a default option, but it definitely should be an option.

It would also be nice to be able to create tasks to add to the Saved posts list for those of us who want a minimal to-do list without leaving Teams. Make it a chat command, so I can type /tasks Call Stan [enter] to create a new saved post item to call Stan. I can unsave it when done to clear it.

• M.Komiya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want the "Saved" button with a badge (the number of the saved messages) in the sidebar.

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another vote for this idea. If you open the Saved list, it populates the left hand list as if it was a left-nav button anyway, so why not just move it there?

• Laimonas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see conversations SUBJECT in saved-conversations prieview on left window, ideally in bold. Now I see Team, channel, poster and the beginning of the post.

• Przemysław Kłys commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That!... it would be even better if you could have Saved Messages showed all the time. I've pretty big monitor and I would like them visible, always. I've migrated myself from working in Outlook to Teams and now I have to remember... to click on my face, go into Saved and find what I saved.

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There needs to be a way to view the various conversations under a channel in a higher level view. Right now, you cannot search within a conversation (instead, across all), and if we work with this product for years, it will take us forever to scroll through years of conversations searching for our target.

If we could tag the initiating threat with a subject/synopsis and then have a view showing all synopses/subject that we could then expand and view the threads of conversation would be great.

Also, after years go on, it would be great to be able to visually view in a map style view all of the conversations and how they spawned.

Also, it would be great to be able to have the option to begin a new channel from a point in the conversation or even create a team from that conversation so there is a reference of history and origin.

• Will commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stop hiding the damned thing. Had to search online for how to find it.

Due to the nature of how we're using Teams, we have numerous conversations with different members happening in a very fast paced environment. Using Saved convos allows us to parcel them out, but getting there is not time friendly. Having an easy icon would help shave meaningful seconds.

• Eric D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Amen! Switching between contexts in Teams is actually pretty slow, around 2-4 seconds per switch. Hopefully the multi window idea that was previously brought up [and started?] is coming up soon.

• Kirk Munro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please move the "Saved" functionality to the shortcut bar on the left side, directly beneath activity, and show the number of saved items. If I save something it's because I'm not finished with it and want to come back to it later. Today when I save items, they "disappear", until I click on my profile image and select Saved to view those items. Saved items are important, and I want them front and center at all times. Please move Saved out of the profile menu and into the shortcut menu as shown below, showing how many items are saved so that users can track them and work to get that number reduced over time.

• ARees commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know if this is possible already but it would be good if a whole conversation in a Team 'Channel' could be saved. I am testing the use of Teams and Channels to see if it can be used in a process that we run which requires a number of people to review a document and provide comment. It is imperative as part of the process to record and keep the whole conversation. Is this available currently?

• Nick Chappell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the use of saved messages but it is cumbersome to get to and is often forgot about. I would love to see saved messages in the sidebar under files for easier access and a quick reminder that it exist so I remember to check it's contents.

• James O commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to pull direct conversations and individual conversations out of channels out to a new window with minimal UI (no activity, chat, teams/meetings/file sections). Added bonus, make these individual windows "dockable" like browser tabs that you can drag off into new windows or drag onto another window to add it as a second tab.

It is a huge pain to use Teams right now if you have multiple private conversations going on and two or three conversations in a channel. You have to keep flipping around between the channel and private conversations, and it takes several seconds each time. And then when you have two or three long conversations in a channel you have to keep scrolling up and and down to that conversation and expanding/collapsing the messages to get either view context or to reduce the visual size, and it's just.. cumbersome.

I miss the days of ICQ, AIM, (well, Trillian) etc., where you could have dedicated window (or tab) for each conversation and at most you only had to switch a tab or window, and not navigating in and out of different areas of the program and scrolling up and down long conversations to try to participate in multiple things at once. Please seriously consider adding support for this functionality.

I encourage your designers/developers to try to have 2 or 3 direct (one-on-one) conversations going at once, then throw a channel with 3 or 4 conversations in that same channel going at once with more than 30 messages each. You will quickly get buried trying to respond and keep up.

The current design works fairly well when the volume of communication is slow, but the design (and slow speed) quickly becomes an obstacle when there's a lot of concurrent conversations going on it once.

It would be great if users can see the like and save option permanently displayed in posts in Conversations section not only when they hover over the post.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base