How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Teams interrupts active window

When Teams runs in the background it randomly becomes active. e.g.: I have Teams open and I'm writing in word document. Suddenly while typing teams is active and my input goes into teams not into word anymore.

26 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Florian shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Elizabeth Karam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This idea/issue is a bit hard to find.. I wonder if renaming to something like "Teams steals focus from active window" might help people to find and vote on it. It may also be able to be merged with another similar idea that is about stealing focus when changing space. Although, I've found this issue happens all on my main space (e.g. even if mirror screens vs. extending.) Sorting in Excel while screen sharing in Teams is a particularly challenging issue, because the sort window likes to appear on my laptop monitor instead of my extended one and I'm not able to scroll to it before I lose focus to Teams. However, I did test to see if perhaps mirroring screens was a work-around and it is not. Has anyone found a reliable work-around that would enable sorting in Excel while sharing screen in Teams?

• Elizabeth Karam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a major issue for me. Happens while sharing screening attempting to sort or filter in Excel. Makes Teams almost unusable.

• David Summers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found this to happen every time Teams (for Mac) updates. It steals focus (although it doesn't bring the Teams window to the foreground) from any active app, interrupting my typing.

Feedback and Knowledge Base