How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

copying tasks in teams

If I have a number of similar tasks, it would make me more productive if I could just copy & paste (or duplicate) a fully populated one, rename it, and tweak the details to fit.

62 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Steve Elkind shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Robert Munro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be good when a single task has dependencies across teams to show the task in multiple KanBans.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While copy task from one plan to another we loose the comments. Can you add option to copy with comments?

• Pinky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found you can copy the tasks. You will have to add a channel and then you will click the + to add the tab, select the planner and it will ask you if you want to create a new one or copy from another file, and you will select to copy the one you want. Wall
    a!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! It would be awesome to be able to have a set of tasks for something like a new hire, and then just be able to copy it and assign it to the next new hire etc. (at least for HR)

• Peter Rosenberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another reason for being able to Copy (or Move) Tasks, would be when they were created in a wrong Bucket !
    Then, alot of effort is ahead, if you detect this looong time after the Task List (multiple Tasks) is growing in numbers.

• Amanda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the same functionality. This currently exists in Trello but not MS Teams. I would appreciate if you could make a copying function in the cards.

• Steven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you have a project the requires the same checklist to be repeated multiple times you have to recreate the checklist

• Eliot Attridge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also want the same. For example, as a teacher manager I want to set the task to write reports (with a checklist). Each member of staff has the same task, just they are assigned to it individually.

Currently I have just had to go and create the same task 13 times and then manually type exactly the same checklist items.

So, I would like to be able to select a task, produce a task_copy, which I would then rename and assign to a different person.

Alternatively, maybe there could be an option to multiple assign, where each person would get their own version of the task.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.