How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Delete bot messages

With the Polly bot, sometimes a member of one of my Teams will make an error while writing out a poll. Currently it is not possible to remove this poll, or, as far as I can tell, any message that is created by a bot.

It would be great to be able to delete messages created by bots.

255 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

42 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please allow team owners to delete bot messages. We are also considering deleting one of our teams to purge the unwanted data. Thank you.

• Addu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a must-have feature.While the number is users joining a channel increases, more admin features are required to keep the channels clean and productive.

After 2 months of Teams trial, we will not move without that feature. We are also considering Slack which offers that feature.

• Mitch Hawkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just experimenting with Flow and the Microsoft Teams action 'Post a message as the Flow bot to a channel (preview)'.

Using this action to post items from an RSS feed, however, the Flow bot posts cannot be deleted. An alternative is to use the 'Post a message (preview)' action, which would come from myself.

Preference would be that posts come from a bot which distinguishes context between automated posts and those written by users.

Teams Owners should be able to manage their environment, and delete bot posts as required.

• Zach Schrink commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We tested a bot (not Polly), but after a trial, it started spamming the channel with messages. I removed the bot, but I would love to be able to remove those messages. I'm the channel owner, but I can't moderate the content on the channel?

Please allow owners to delete individual bot spam. Seriously considering deleting the team and starting over because of this aggravating issue.

• Max Dean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

6 months since the last admin update. I could see why this is pushed out by some priority, but what is 'under review'?

• Romain Loisel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

impossible to delete a bot message and flux indication of bot. (SurveyMonkey bot). It's limit a Spammmmm in the app :'(

Not very pro… arffff

I'd like to be able to delete messages posted programatically through an incoming webhook so the channel doesn't get cluttered by tons of messages

• Adam Randall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can delete the channel but not an individual message, I wonder what the thought process is for coming up with something like that?

I have a webhook alerting me for when a document has been set to update & once i update I was expecting to delete the alert from the converations area but no, its not possible.

• ColmC.ie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for me on this one. My use case is where I've created polls using the Forms bot. If the question is long then when the bot posts the poll only part of the question is displayed (this is another issue) . It is possible to delete the post which created the poll but NOT possible to delete the poll itself.

Team owners should be able to delete polls (or BOT messages) from their Team

• Tharglet Asimis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 to this. Not just useful for Polly, got a few bots I wouldn't mind cleaning up after. Just seems infuriating Owners can't delete any bot spam. Thankfully the bot writer(s) we have use a test channel for testing...

• Ryan Varley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Deleting bot messages should be a setting that you can enable for members. Owners should be able to do this automatically.

Similarly, you should be able to edit the text on a form (or bot post). (I would suggest revision history be visible to all).

Basically, the bot and the form both suck. Microsoft should be embarrassed, suggest they remove the forms bot, if this is the best they can do.

Same problem with the MS Forms bot, you make a typo and to bad you can't go back and reposting the same poll will just cause more confusion

+1 Being able to remove unused bots should be a hygiene factor, not something that you ever need to get feature requests for.

• Gaurav Chhabra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for this feature to be added in Microsoft Teams.
    Its very normal for any user to make a mistake while interacting with bot and the chat being on a channel should be allowed to be deleted. There can be typos while giving input to the bot which sends cards to the Teams Channels to correct them there is just one way delete the wrong card and create another. Having such integrations and adding this functionality will improve the user experience.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.