How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Improve the customization of which video is displayed during a group video meeting.

During video calls, allow us to click on a person to force their video to take up the whole window (Including one's own camera!). Especially since some people do not turn on their video, their icon should not take up a portion of the screen that could be used to enlarge an active video broadcast. Thank you!!

133 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

db shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jason Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current model of displaying what I call "face circles" with the same priority as actual video feeds is just plain silly. Most of the time that person is connected from a laptop in a room with a camera so they can share their screen, and don't need any presence on my display at all.

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would just like to be able to "pin" a participant so that their face is always shown, regardless of whether or not they were speaking. There are two reasons for this:

1.) In some cases the audio and video may be coming from different sources (I know that's not and ideal setup but it's what we have)
    2.) While we can do this by setting up a live event, that doesn't allow people to ask questions verbally in real-time. For smaller meetings that are still somewhat hierarchical (e.g. presenter vs. participants), this would help tremendously.

• Iain Fraser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see something akin to Zoom, where you have a thumbnail bar showing everyone's video feeds and you can switch between which feed displays full-screen by clicking on each thumbnail. Size and positioning of feeds is very important because, as others have pointed out, I miss seeing most of the room because the main feed is cut in half, while the other person doesn't even have their camera on so I'm looking at their avatar.

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the prior comments, especially around the design of Google Hangouts automatically enlarging whoever is speaking. Sometimes it gets out of hand if people aren't muted so it flashes too much so it would be nice to also have the ability to click on a participant and only see their video as mentioned.

• Kamen Kanev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need also an option to be able to automatically show in big only the video of the person who is currently talking, i see no point to see in big size the other people. :) and this is more or less a generic approach also supported in Skype for Business.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The default when you have multiple chat participants is to cut the screen in half but that meant remote participants couldn't see half the room. Would be great if we could resize the video windows so that we could see everyone.

• Jameson Abel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this suggestion. We have daily stand-up meetings and about half our team (5-6) video conference in while the others only participate via audio. It's unfortunate when the majority of my screen is taken up by small, static icons vs. showing the video participants more prominently. So it would be nice to be able to "pin" or select who's more visible on your screen. Also allowing more than 4 spots to show video would be nice, most of our meetings are always going to have a larger number of participants than that.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

During our daily calls I can't even see half the people in the room because the video is cropped...

• db commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Google Hangouts did a pretty good job with this idea, it would be SO great to have that functionality.

Feedback and Knowledge Base