How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Add ability to print and/or export a wiki page.

Provide the ability to print and/or export (Word, PDF, etc.) a wiki page(s) that is created under a Team's channel page.

730 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Eric Nelson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

99 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a workaround it would be great if we could at least select all content on a wiki page at once (and then paste it into Word). Could that be added sooner than an actual print or export feature?

As a rider to my previous comment about the legal issues.
        I am age 54, a Civil Engineer, and Head of Engineering, including R&D for my international company of 700 staff. I have worked as R&D manager in Broadcast, Telecom, Oil and Gas, Defence and Aerospace, and now aquaculture.
        You are lucky that someone at my level spends the time to point this out.
        Most managers will not see the issue if it never comes up, then they will wonder what hit them.
        Most will not have the time (and neither do I really) to post in this type of forum.
        ****That is the only reason for the lack of votes.***

The actual large volume of users in this case, technical category, just get on with their design work with the easiest tools.
        BR
        Stephen Gray

Perhaps one vital customer legal perspective is not evident. Let me paint the scene.
        Teams is launched as a tool encouraging professional organisations to collect their most valuable intellectual property, "the engineers log book" in one central place.
        That place is owned and solely controlled by Microsoft, who in reality **prevent** the customer to be able to locally backup or to present their ***own property*** in any reasonable or standard way, other that this interface.
        I have witnessed in court cases where my dated log book has been entered into evidence to prove that a certain company had the right to certain knowledge.
        My legal advice is.
        "Logging into a teams server", or starting to invite lawyers for two opposing parties to view a team's content, would most likely not hold up as evidence.

So your "very nice tool" it has to be said, does not provide "reasonable functionality for the purpose for which it is sold".
        It can be easily demonstrated via other suppliers that the functionality can be made easily.
        The underlying intentions are hard to judge.
        *Not enough votes for the functionality - is hard to take seriously.
        *Supplier did not realize the implications - is equally hard to think that as a developer themselves, Microsoft are not aware of this factor.

I suspect, perhaps that Microsoft doesn't really see any revenue for all the work of implementing this.

But this functionality is a natural part of such a product. Perhaps Microsoft would like to answer this, .. because taken to the ultimate, this is potentially an anti-trust issue.
        I've posted before, and I have just written to our IT to ask them to remove the tool for use for our technical staff upon the legal advice given.
        We will allow it for the management level of the company only, about 12 people.
        The other 120 developers will move over to Atlassian Wiki, because this can be stored and published when we need to. We can "save to PDF", and also Microsoft Word in seconds, and send a reviewed set of information out to collaborators, without having to manage "links to specific teams wiki pages, or a struggle to copy and paste a blog with diagrams which cannot be published.

Please tell me when it is done, at we can return to Teams for my technical staff.
        I am quite angry at the time it has taken to find out about this.
        I am asked to demonstrate my argument to the management, as this has a cost implication in increasing our atlassian licenses.
        It will be no trouble to demonstrate this though...

After staff spent hours collecting and compiling investigative work into a WIKI, leadership asked that we forward the information on to them. Much to our surprise - the material contained in the wiki could not be downloaded or exported...period. In order to meet a deadline, staff scrambled to copy, paste and re-format each individual entry into a Word document. I like the format of the WIKI pages. But since we are unable to download/export it into another format (like Word) - it is basically useless to this team. =(

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this falls into the category of all the Teams wiki requests to make them more usable - I started creating process docs and now have to abandon because they're unreliable. I created a doc, opened the wiki page online, all of the images disappeared, and when I went back to Teams I saw the page refresh and all of the images were gone. I restore them and then tried to copy and paste a section into an email and it won't copy the pictures - only way I could get the images was to take a screenshot of the wiki page or re-insert the source files in the email. Just not what one expects from a basic "give me a document with easy navigation" solution.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement this feature... this is needed by many at my organization.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base