How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Upload a file to Teams directly from a desktop Office application

When I am creating a new file in an Office document I want there to be an option in the "Save as" location, to save to an Microsoft Team, similar to how there are options to save to your OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, and This PC locations. Right now I either have to remember to create the file from Teams or to create the file on my PC and then upload it manually to Teams.

157 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Silvio Pellas shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Narendra Vasan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Warren,

Please let us know if this feature has been implemented in Teams. This would be an amazing feature where user can save his files directly to teams. Right now, they are saving to desktop & drag & drop to teams which is tedious.

• John Sullivan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're pushing for people to use Teams, and users are asking for this. Forcing people to save somewhere else and then upload seems very out-of-date.

• Sandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a a point of frustration with our users as well in terms of user adoption.

• Joe G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Warren - any update? This is a sticking point for me in working to shift my user community towards MS Teams and away from BOX. This would seem to be very basic functionality as it already exists for SharePoint, quite surprising that it hasn't been worked-out yet.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cant believe that this is not getting more priority. Every time I go to move something from email to teams I find myself getting so frustrated. Is it really that hard to have it that we can drag a file from an email directly to a team? Grrrr

• Ven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Warren,
        Any update upon this feature?
        Crucial for the company I work for, before we can implement.
        Thanks

• Holly Parkes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there, is this being worked through by any chance? Would be amazing to be able to save direct to the teams folder rather than save to my computer and then upload...

• Drew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with wanting the ability to save Teams location folder path to File Explorer so its easy to save file right away to that folder. Can't believe Microsoft didn't make this standard, it was standard in legacy sharepoint.

• GraniteStateColin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be convenient. It is possible now through using the SharePoint path name, but most people don't know how to access this to add it to the Save As dialog. I think this request really means: please provide an automated way to add the SharePoint folder associated with a team to the file dialog (whether through the Quick List Favorites or some other method).

• Harry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i would like to save to a folder in one drive, and then auto pull through the files into Teams. i.e. tell teams to sync to onedrive

I'm all for this. Right now i have to save the file, locate it in file explorer, go to teams and locate the right team and channel and converstation, go back to file explorer, then drag it into teams. Suggest that having a teams function under the 'Share' tab in office products would be appreperiate and remove my constant frustration.

• Lasse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Highly relevant - instead of having a copy placed locally before cpoying to the sky

When you do a Save As, there is OneDrive for Business personal and Sites. That Sites option should include the Team Folder destinations in SharePoint. We have them in Outlook [Groups], SharePoint and Teams, but to save something there you must go through Teams or SharePoint otherwise you have no way to send a file to Team/Group you have created. This is creating a situation where users get confused on where to save things and less desire to use Teams.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base