How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Notifications within Teams

I'd like to see a notification bubble for new posts (of any type) in the Teams I'm in (yes, I'm already following) just as I can see for chats. It's an extra step for me to have to click through the teams to see if there's new activities. I'd like to be notified as soon as activities happen.

66 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Risa shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jodie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I need a physical sound to play anytime there is activity in the chats or teams. Working in an office setting we use teams while we are on the phone to send out questions and need quick responses but we do not get answers quickly because no one hears any notification when I post within a team.

• Adrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This Communicator is really un-useful without that notifications, for me.
    I hope this functionalitty it will be added soon!

Regards,
    Adrian

• Greg Lamb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I get instant notifications for general chats but often miss team chats as there is only a dot on the app for team chats. I'd like an instant notification for both on all devices.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure I would like to see a bubble or toast notification. From within the teams application, I would like the channel to tell me something was added. Like a dot next to the channel name, or it becomes highlighted. Something that can be easy to notice when I have Teams open.

Feedback and Knowledge Base