How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Integrate tasks in planner with Outlook Tasks & Calendar

Every time you create a task in planner via Microsoft Teams and assign it to someone in your organisation/team it would be nice to see that task in outlook as well. I want to know and to be alerted that I have a task assigned to me without having to lon on to Microsoft Teams.
It would be great to have a place to see how many tasks have been created in a team/channel and the status of each one.

1,618 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

98 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Planner tasks should be visible in Teams on a My Tasks button on the main navigation, and you should also see all your own tasks in the Outlook tasks list. Not just the calendar and not through an calendar link, but a deeper integration with Outlook Calendar and Tasks that is automated when turned on.

• Joost van der Linden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is regarding Microsoft To Do with integration with Microsoft Teams.
        Currently, users can find tasks that are assigned to them using the Planner app within Teams, but what about personal To Do's? Currently there is no To Do integration.

• Natalie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Planner tasks can be synced with outlook, but when i remove an assignment on web does not delete on outlook desktop

• Joost van der Linden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the current status? The last update was about 3 months ago already.
        This is a very desired integration for our customers.

• jeff angama commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to have a sync from planner to outlook as ICS, because planner change, i can't export everyday my planner to outlook to have a common view of my meeting and tasks

• Jessica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just gave Teams/Planner a try - useless tool, if tasks do not appear in tasks in Outlook... definitely not going to ask every team member to remember the tasks assigned in Teams/Planner.
        Sad to go live with a product, that doesnt integrate

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am looking forward to seeing the planner tasks, team tasks, and outlook tasks integrated. I have members that won't embrace any of the 365 tools if they cannot integrate it with their outlook tasks.

• Henrik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Strange to see that a company like MS does not think this much ahead when they introduce a new collaboration tool...

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using a Flow to copy the Planner task to Outlook Tasks folder.

It very simply uses the "What a task is assigned to me" trigger, then use the "Create a task" for Outlook tasks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Assume under this heading, it will be possible to view tasks in outlook and DRAG those tasks into your calendar as you plan your day and week. The ability to currently do this with tasks in outlook is a simple but very useful planning tool. Without it, I won't use planner intregrated with outlook. Thanks.

• Edson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tasks management in one single list is something definitely helping people follow better their activities and priorities.

• Denis Ford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Essential to be used in any sensible fashion with multiple users and multiple projects on the go.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base