How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Integrate tasks in planner with Outlook Tasks & Calendar

Every time you create a task in planner via Microsoft Teams and assign it to someone in your organisation/team it would be nice to see that task in outlook as well. I want to know and to be alerted that I have a task assigned to me without having to lon on to Microsoft Teams.
It would be great to have a place to see how many tasks have been created in a team/channel and the status of each one.

2,169 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

129 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Gabi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The link given by Kubus allows you to add a Plan as a shared calendar in Outlook. While it is not as amazing as your own personal tasks being added automatically to your personal calendar, it is not complicated to add a shared calendar.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can I see Planner tasks in To Do app, and I can see and work bidirectionally on tasks created in either To Do or Outlook, I can't do the same between Outlook and Planner? Makes no sense.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anyone knows if Warren is still working on it? Or even just still working at Microsoft?

• Collin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where does the "Microsoft To-Do: List, Task & Reminder" app fit in with MS Teams and MS Planner?

• Florian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

I just evaluated Planner today. Initially I thought it is clear that Outlook, Planner and To-do need to be seamlessly integrated. This does not seem to be the case. A planner tasks of course needs to be accessible from Outlook and To-Do as well, otherwise it does not make sense to use it.

• Betsy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is everyone working around the lack of this feature. I am struggling to figure out how best to add tasks, deadlines to our extended team to their calendars. Current functionality would require everyone to accept and view the Board calendars in order to be effective. IS there a better way than sending meeting invites for deadline on their calendars?

• Susanna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am really looking forward to this feature. Other PM Tools outside MS already support to add flagged e-mails from Outlook to the PM tool as new task or also as comment to an existing task in the PM tool. Microsoft would be ahead if they do not only setup Outlook --> Planner, but also the other way around, so that you see in Outlook all tasks assigned to you by the planner, together with your tasks from Outlook to have one main dashboard for all your tasks, flagged emails, tasks from projects.... etc. Thank you Microsoft for taking up our ideas!

• Oliver Lennartz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

By this feature it would be much easier to implement teams in departments with older people, that are not that much familiar with IT things. A status update would be great.

• Mathias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be great to have it vice versa, e.g. setting tasks from within Teams. If you have an Email, you can make a task in Outlook out of it.
    If you could flag messages in Teams as a task/todo, that would be amazing. We still use Outlook and not teams because of this great feature there.

• Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can this be expanded so you can assign tasks within one note or the wiki in the team environment

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base