How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Integrate tasks in planner with Outlook Tasks & Calendar

Every time you create a task in planner via Microsoft Teams and assign it to someone in your organisation/team it would be nice to see that task in outlook as well. I want to know and to be alerted that I have a task assigned to me without having to lon on to Microsoft Teams.
It would be great to have a place to see how many tasks have been created in a team/channel and the status of each one.

2,002 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

120 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Betsy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is everyone working around the lack of this feature. I am struggling to figure out how best to add tasks, deadlines to our extended team to their calendars. Current functionality would require everyone to accept and view the Board calendars in order to be effective. IS there a better way than sending meeting invites for deadline on their calendars?

• Susanna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am really looking forward to this feature. Other PM Tools outside MS already support to add flagged e-mails from Outlook to the PM tool as new task or also as comment to an existing task in the PM tool. Microsoft would be ahead if they do not only setup Outlook --> Planner, but also the other way around, so that you see in Outlook all tasks assigned to you by the planner, together with your tasks from Outlook to have one main dashboard for all your tasks, flagged emails, tasks from projects.... etc. Thank you Microsoft for taking up our ideas!

• Oliver Lennartz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

By this feature it would be much easier to implement teams in departments with older people, that are not that much familiar with IT things. A status update would be great.

• Mathias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be great to have it vice versa, e.g. setting tasks from within Teams. If you have an Email, you can make a task in Outlook out of it.
    If you could flag messages in Teams as a task/todo, that would be amazing. We still use Outlook and not teams because of this great feature there.

• Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can this be expanded so you can assign tasks within one note or the wiki in the team environment

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't seem to sync tasks from the My Tasks section (which consolidates tasks from all my teams). Instead of having to sync all separate teams it would be more practical just to sync My tasks. Will this be included in the new feature?

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to see the Planner tasks assigned to me in my Outlook tasks (which already display in my To-Do app)

• Luther Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have tasks in Outlook, tasks in Teams / Planner, and tasks in Dynamics. And these are just the Microsoft platforms. It would be great to see all these Tasks in one central view that I can manage.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the status of this functionality? It is really imporant to have the link between outlook tasks and planner.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All i have figured out is Planner will import its tasks into outlook calendar via an iCal link (shared calendar) and ToDo will automatically pull/push its tasks from the tasks in outlook. So Planner and ToDo integrate with outlook but not eachother. really wish they did. seems like a no-brainer.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this feature is huge. it's nice that I can add planner tasks to outlook via i-calendar but the 3-4 hour syncing delay is unacceptable, especially within its own Microsoft platform.

Having planner tasks migrate to outlook tasks instantaneously and everything be in one spot is critical for people to keep their sanity. This lends to less confusion for new adopters of planner.

When can we expect this feature and what involvement from my company admin is needed to update the feature enterprise wide?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base