How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Rearrange all Tabs within a Channel

I know a similar request is marked as "We have this!", but it's not possible to move all tabs.

I can rearrange the tabs that I add, but Conversations and Files cannot be moved.

I would like to have a channel that starts with a Planner tab, and another that starts with a Wiki tab.

Not everyone channel will be based around conversations, so it should be possible to move the Conversation and File tab to the far right.

363 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Scott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

63 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Vince commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using a doc library from SP via web connector, so I don't want to see the "Files" tab.
    It just confuses users.

• Chrissie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would make it so much easier for our users as Files and Conversations are secondary to many of our channels.

• Jay Kramer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would really love the ability to do this. This has become a stumbling block for us in getting trying to get the organization to move to Teams. We simply need the ability to be able to set the default tab in each channel.

• Christy Causey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with comments below we wold like the landing page to be a WIKI vs conversations and files.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is really needed. The inability to move the conversations tab renders my 'teams' site almost unusable.

• Edward Schramm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to arrange the tabs in the order that works best for the user, you think would be a priority. The easiest way to loose users is to frustrate them.

Please make it happen ASAP. So many excessive clicks every time our team members reach to the Planner Tab

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make it happen ASAP. So many excessive clicks every time our team members reach to the Planner Tab

This is such a basic requirement. I need to be able to reorder all of the tabs to make TEAMS work for us.

• Brad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely. I want to be able to set the wiki as the default tab to open when clicking a channel.

• CK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is basic. It should be an option to make the files tab the default tab.

Every single interaction with Teams is frustrating because we have to immediately click to another tab in every single folder.

This is the most basic user customization, I cannot fathom why MS refuses to implement this functionality.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.