How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Share a single file from Sharepoint

I can share a single file from Sharepoint with the team but it does not appear in Teams. Instead I have to share a whole library - not very handy.

69 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andre shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ken Boldt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additionally, it would be good to be able to add a particular SharePoint folder as a tab, and not the whole library.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This definitely be added. We need the ability to just add a single file and not an entire document library.

• James Ward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was going to suggest the ability to add sharepoint files as tabs, but thank you for pointing out that it's already there in a rather convoluted way.

• David Caufield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The process to adding a sharepoint file as a tab is very confusing. I figured it out after about 30min. you have to add the library and then click on the document. I would suggest you add the ability to just directly add a file from sharepoint as a tab without going through the process of adding the entire doc lib. Even if you are doing it in the background.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.