How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Provide ability to fully recover deleted Teams

When a Team is deleted, either by accident or maliciously need the ability to recover all assets including files, plans, chats, the works.

137 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Robert Crane shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Comments are closed
  • Aleksandar P. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To use PowerShell for TEAMS... 30Days ? What if my Team (Room,Chat) is project from past Year ? - Need to have active Archive (not deleted - archived and just admin can see it) ?

... You guys dont listen, you do what you think is best, and this uservoice is your answer: almost half of the time, the devs meke it wrong way - then fix it back... silly

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a date for this... 6 days? 6 weeks? 6 months? Just want to know risks before we adopt further.

Also need an AUDIT trail to explain what happens...
    We had a "Team" and the Channels go "missing" yesterday PM. 99.9% convinced it was NOT deleted as I am only one with admin who could do it... I was not in the office, no way my password has been compromised and if it had, there are only 3 of us using Teams and my two colleagues are the ones with a problem now ...

...of course MS wouldn't delete it and the system is perfect so 100% convinced there is Team Fairy out there that's making stuff go "missing"

• Zane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just spent a few days working with Microsoft support trying to recover data in a site that was deleted by an end user. There needs to be a way for global admins to recover deleted teams / groups from a recycling bin of some sort for a month the way you can recover deleted sites on a sharepoint site collection.

• Craig Young commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be an advantage to be able to restore individual assets instead of the entire team. eg: chat or channels

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.