How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Provide ability to fully recover deleted Teams

When a Team is deleted, either by accident or maliciously need the ability to recover all assets including files, plans, chats, the works.

137 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Robert Crane shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Comments are closed
    • Aleksandar P. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To use PowerShell for TEAMS... 30Days ? What if my Team (Room,Chat) is project from past Year ? - Need to have active Archive (not deleted - archived and just admin can see it) ?

... You guys dont listen, you do what you think is best, and this uservoice is your answer: almost half of the time, the devs meke it wrong way - then fix it back... silly

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a date for this... 6 days? 6 weeks? 6 months? Just want to know risks before we adopt further.

Also need an AUDIT trail to explain what happens...
      We had a "Team" and the Channels go "missing" yesterday PM. 99.9% convinced it was NOT deleted as I am only one with admin who could do it... I was not in the office, no way my password has been compromised and if it had, there are only 3 of us using Teams and my two colleagues are the ones with a problem now ...

...of course MS wouldn't delete it and the system is perfect so 100% convinced there is Team Fairy out there that's making stuff go "missing"

• Zane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just spent a few days working with Microsoft support trying to recover data in a site that was deleted by an end user. There needs to be a way for global admins to recover deleted teams / groups from a recycling bin of some sort for a month the way you can recover deleted sites on a sharepoint site collection.

• Craig Young commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be an advantage to be able to restore individual assets instead of the entire team. eg: chat or channels

Feedback and Knowledge Base