How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

don's switch to "away", just because I'm using a different application (i'm still at work!)

The availability status should indicate whether or not someone is available, which means they are available to chat.

So it does not make sense to switch my status to away, just because I'm answering email or do something else on my computer.

915 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Maia shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  AdminSuphatra (Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Teams) responded  · 

Hi everyone, wanted to give you an update since it’s been a while.

We did resolve this issue, and have this live in our internal rings — we are now starting to move it along our outer rings for more validation testing. It was having some validation issues before, which is why the fix didn’t come out sooner, but it should move much more smoothly now.

I’m anticipating this will be done by the end of the month. I’ll make sure to update you once its complete. Thanks so much for your patience, and for helping us make Teams great!

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

120 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Krystian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

and add a posibility to set up a description in status! That like in Skype in business ! this is very importat option!

• Luis Gatillon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Status should work like Skype for Business.
        I also would like to have a setting to disable Automatic Status update, and be able to always appear online, like many other tools.

• Tamara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Howdy, has this feature been addressed? I am still seeing the "away" tag show up when I am active on the PC running the Teams App. Until I gain focus on the Teams App window again, the "away" idle tag will remain.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, as a new user, this is the most frustrating issue with Teams, even more frustrating than the inability to delete chats. Is there an update on this? This issue really makes it difficult and frustrating to use this tool to communicate. Availability status is completely worthless in the current state.

• sRang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let me quote Andy Mercer (September 25, 2017 09:25): "It's not the delay that bugs me; it's the lack of communication. Saying that it'll be done by the end of August, and then just refusing to comment for a month."

It's been *7 WEEKS* since end of August, and we're all still waiting.

Hi Suphatra,

I don't think the fix for the status for Teams has been implemented yet. My MS teams status goes to away even though I have barely moved away from the app.

Let me know the current status please.

Thanks

• Vicki Caswell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still nothing on this? Not sure how useful this discussion is if no updates are given, even when we keep asking.

• John Black commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, we have murmurings of Slack + Zapier here. It is only a matter of time. This feature is a dealbreaker for our org.

• Brandon Shea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we get a new ETA on this? August and September came and went, and we're all still dealing with an issue that was supposed to be fixed a long time ago. My organization really wants to move forward with Teams, but the lack of functional presence information is a dealbreaker when you compare Teams to Skype.

• Itiviti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whats the status? it was said that it would be resolved before end of August.

• Justyn Davidson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are other discussions where this fix is called out as "Need more information".
        The very viability of this product relies on users trusting that it will help them collaborate, not hinder them. As I said elsewhere: Suphatra, we have got to get this fixed. We use Teams but now rely on Jabber (of all things) to know the presence of our... Teammates. Every patch release I check to see if it's working and it's never resolved. Please move this up in priority before my team loses faith in the product. Critical and simple behavior that Microsoft (and every competitor) already has in other products - it should be a no-brainer in Teams.

Any update on this? I'm still getting email pings on my mobile when I'm clearing still working on my desktop, just not chatting on Teams.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base