How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Add usage reporting to Office 365 admin

Please add some kind of reporting for Teams as it would really help us gauge our company's uptake of teams.

Reporting should have some kind of breakdown by global region, number of chats/teams/other.

247 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is the purpose of teams? What are we trying to achieve using it?

• KarenKaren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been scouring looking for an answer to "Can I see how many Microsoft Teams we have in our tenant" so stumbling on this is great to see you currently can't and it's coming.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dan Stevenson from Microsoft posted on ‎03-22-2017
        "We're working on a team and tenant dashboard - nothing specific to disclose now. You can get some reporting via the compliance capabilities in the time being. "

So we need just keep nagging him :)

• MarkDMarkD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're trying to encourage uptake and participation and link activity to a KPI in our mentorship programmes. The ability to report on activity by user\team\like\comment\etc would be quite valuable to us.

• Al LinkeAl Linke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, need this one. We've been promoting Teams but have no current way to track usage and success.

• Andy DaleAndy Dale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, how can we find how many Teams are out there. We can see lots of new groups but how can we identify which ones are Teams.

• Gaja NagarajanGaja Nagarajan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We enabled Teams for few of our project groups. We would like to know how many of our team members have logged into the tool and/or have accessed it. is there a report that Administrator can run to find usage metrics?

• David VigilDavid Vigil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

User reporting for help desk scenario. Would be nice to track who's answering most questions posted for performance metrics.

• Jason BJason B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are running a pilot using Teams and have been asked by a manager if they can see which members of the team have viewed a file that has been added. It is possible to see when a file was modified and who made the change but not who has viewed the file.

• BonnieBonnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just like in SharePoint you can see your Most Popular items/pages or how many views a document has received, this would be very helpful to have in Teams. Most popular Channel, document views, maybe from a Chat perspective, how many Chats a team member has posted.

• John WynneJohn Wynne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd be interested to see how My Analytics might be leveraged by Microsoft Teams. Channels, Teams, Activity seem relevant particularly when Group functionality becomes available.

• Kirk TKirk T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to see a report of how many Teams are created and the storage usage for each team.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base