How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

When using the Teams Desktop App, the App should not prompt you to download the Team Desktop App. Seriously, how narcissistic can an App be?

When using the Teams Desktop App, the App should not prompt you to download the Team Desktop App. Seriously, how narcissistic can an App be?

37 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tom Godbold shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • laura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We moved to Teams so we can share our projects easily with the organization in one place. However, everyone we share files with gets that screen that says download the app or use the web app, and it seems to make people think they cant access the file we send them and that's the end of it. No one wants to download an app to access a file (which is the common misconception I'm hearing from this interstitial), so we end up having to email files to people, which completely misses the point. These people are usually using OneDrive, so it shouldnt be so difficult. We may end up moving back off of teams because of it - huge collaboration block.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's also worse is using Chrome it wont let me close the dialog down. Even after clearing cache... I'm required to use "inspect" and set display:none on the dialog div.

• chill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an alternative, having a policy to suppress this message would be great for enterprise environments that specifically elect to make only the web client available to segments of their users.

• John D. Shkolnik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the desktop app. I use browser instances of Teams for multitasking and am quite sick of seeing "Want an even faster, more collaborative experience? Download the desktop app."

• Anne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And tho' logged in to Office 365 my son can't get in to Teams via the desktop website (tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari), nor via the desktop app he was prompted to download. Can get on Teams via tablet and phone. This is my son's high school's tool for getting his assignments, submitting work, etc., so he does have an account. So incredibly frustrating.

• AvL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get prompted in Web app install Desktop app.

I have Desktop and Mobile App installed.

• jackson finlay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I literally just raised the same issue. Distracting your users directly contradicts the point of a productivity application.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.