How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Make "Follow this channel" the default setting.

Usual Microsoft lack of UI intuition.
Channels should be followed by default with the user unfollowing it if they wish.

815 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Derek shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

125 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • zlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i need it for global channels (security, Marketing Information, and so on) it would be great. Please hurry up to implement this. The idea is two years old

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I proposed default is follow and they could make unfollow. Each time i write message i always @general take time

• Bradley S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I googled for this and this was the first link. I agree that it should be an option for each channel so that new users that are added to the team automatically follow the channels that are set to “default follow channel”

Would be better to provide an option for each channel, so that the Team Owner can define which channels should be followed by default.

• G Harter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please, please include this feature. Every time I add a Channel to our team, I have to remind them all to Follow the Channel. They can always un-follow themselves if needed.

• Marco Pollo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I vote for this option -"My recommendation would be to have the channel creator have the option to set "follow the channel" for all members of team."

Please provide an updated on this request.

Coming from a UX designer; giving admins the ability to choose which channels members of their team should follow is a necessary feature. This would not prevent individual users from removing themselves from following a channel afterwards, but would eliminate the need to constantly email a large team, asking them to follow certain channels and instructing them how to do so.

• Sanjay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My recommendation would be to have the channel creator have the option to set "follow the channel" for all members of team.

• John Wiseman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This makes complete sense. We can already see where messages are missed where someone is not following the channel they are posted in.

OR, better would be to allow the creator of the Team decide at the time the Team (or channel) is created).

• Ken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to see the default to Follow too. As a new admin and SP evangelist here it would be extremely helpful

Adding a vote to encourage defaulting to FOLLOW, which the option for users to turn off each follow as they wish.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base