How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Fulltextsearch for Wiki

It seems like the wiki content is not searchable with the global search

A wiki you cannot search for entries is useless...

3,517 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

429 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Austin Rhymer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

'wiki' is pointless without a search. There should be no 'alternative' options offered, it should just work. At least I'm jaded enough to have created a test page before I wasted time putting any real data into it... I feel bad for those who wasted their time thus far.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this search on the wiki tab, this will make it if we will use teams or not.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Almost two years after this, it's still planned or abandoned?
    The lack of this feature simply crashes the uses of teams wiki for documentation in teams. Lots of effort evolved and no way to search for a simple result. Useless

• Juergen S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a MUST, we're searching a followup tool for internal communication and documentation like a wiki... Teams doesn't look too bad, butonly if the wiki is searchable.

• Clint commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're in the middle of migrating our organization to O365 and have begun re-writing our extensive Policies and Procedures in the wiki for teams. Now that I have found there is NO SEARCH feature, I'm not sure what we're going to do. Is this going to happen or not?

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, can we please get an update on whether this topic is being considered?
    If we cannot get a simple search functionality in Wiki soon, I'll have to move my team entirely off of any MS Teams usage and find alternative software. OneNote within MS Teams is not an acceptable alternative for us at this point.

• Rui Pinheiro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello that is unacceptable, such a needed feature and over 2 years of not even looking at the issue it seems.
    Warren any new or just another copy/paste??

• Aaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I had a feature request that was still in planned 2 years after it was requested I would not have a job. Without search the wiki is worse than useless.

• Alan Dee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am completely dumbfounded that this even has to be asked for? I thought "Teams" was suppose to gather information from multiple sources; like conversations, files, (but not the wiki, nothing useful ever gets put there). I was advocating that we move our sharepoint wiki over to teams, but not now.

You guys let me know when you've got it updated to 1984's level of technology!

• Per commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a dealbreaker for us. Not being able to search the wiki means we can have 1-2 pages at most. Sifting through more pages to find information will be too cumbersome.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've only just realized this. I'm going to have to re-draft all my content in some other tool.
    Ridiculous.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, for crying out loud, add this feature! Why you woulnd't include search in Wiki section of Teams is beyond me.

• Stu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Thanks for raising this!" in May of 2017.
    Dropped in backlog October 2017.
    Planned July 2018.
    July 2019 and no updates?

A Wiki without a search is just a notepad. This is a show stopper.

@Warren - Anything? What needs to be done to prioritize this feature?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.