How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Fulltextsearch for Wiki

It seems like the wiki content is not searchable with the global search

A wiki you cannot search for entries is useless...

451 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

38 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TristanTristan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am sad. I really want to buy into Wiki 100%, and search is essential to make this work in the long term. Hope it can be prioritized soon!

• L PL P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very limiting. The search feature for Wiki and Planner are needed. The supported file types are insufficient for project/meeting artifacts on teams (doc, ppt, xls).

• Dhiraj AgrawalDhiraj Agrawal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is super important for us to do get anything meaningful from Wiki feature of Teams. Without search it is almost unusable.

• NilsNils commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're anxiously awaiting this feature's roll-out as well. I'd love to hear back on the status of this.

• Jason PadmanJason Padman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the largest blocker for our company wide adoption of MS Teams. Could you please supply an update on the status. Many thanks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the status of this topic? We are waiting now for 3 months on this basic feature. Please let us know. Thanks.

• OlafOlaf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news on this? I just checked and there is still no option for searching through Wiki? Strange, for a knowledge system ;-)

• Jesper Heltoft-ChristensenJesper Heltoft-Christensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the status of this topic? So far you can only search Wiki content by selecting the Files-tab under Search and then the client will try to open the .mht file in the browser. Not very useful

Is there an update about this topic. "Working on it" since May 2017... Wiki is not useful without strong search possibilities.

Wiki without search... really?! I don't understand this kind of strategy. Hopefully you'll prioritize this.

• CurtisCurtis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the past 2 months people have been asking for updates @Suphatra. How are we looking on this feature. It's literally useless until this is updated. I don't even want to start building wikis until I know I can search them.

• Andrey ZhdanovichAndrey Zhdanovich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have no patience, and never had.
        Why no update of the feature?

Is it user voice to be heard or just customers talking each other?

What is the status of MS Teams wiki search? This is the only missing feature blocking us to migrate content to this platform.

• vipulvipul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A must have to start using wiki. Wiki helps organize stuff like evernote with a context here but with no search its dead, as free form text without search is unusable after few days.

• ScottScott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Suphatra, is there any update on this?

I'm sure the team is busy finishing up external access, but this is the most important feature for my team. I have a current project on hold until the full text search within Wiki/OneNote tab is implemented.

Thanks in advance!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base