How can we make Teams better?

Fulltextsearch for Wiki

It seems like the wiki content is not searchable with the global search

A wiki you cannot search for entries is useless...

211 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Andi B - Great catch. Thanks for posting. It at least makes the content discoverable in S&C Center

• Andi BAndi B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Anonymous: I figured out a workaround for Security and Compliance Search (eDiscovery):
        The Wiki is stored in Sharepoint. You reach the Wiki if you click “Open in Sharepoint” in the breadcrumb-menu next to your channel name in the upper middle of teams.
        From there you are directed to the Sharepoint space for the team. There you need to click “Sites” on the left side menu. You will find one List for each channel in the Recents on the left side. If not, you maybe need to turn over to “Classic view” in the lower left side.
        In “Page” element you will find the topic of the Wiki. In “Section” element you will find the content of the Wiki.
        To enable this Wiki for Content-Search in compliance (eDiscovery) you need to click “List” in the Ribbon Menu and select List Setting (3rd from right side in ribbon menu).
        There you select “List name, description and navigation” and click Yes in Navigation - “Display this list on the Quick Launch?”. Then click Save.
        Now you need to wait a moment, the content will be crawled by content search.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not being able to discover and extract this content through the Security & Compliance Center is a big issue for us.

• Carly MooreCarly Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my mind, a wiki that is not searchable is not worth investing time in building. If this was searchable, our company would most likely use this app at an enterprise level and potentially in Teams.

• OlafOlaf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would almost say, this is a bug. A knowledge base without a search option!?

• Serge de KlerkSerge de Klerk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree! Being able to search the Wiki content is a must! I did notice that Team conversations are searchable through Delve etc, but the Wiki is not. BTW, where on earth is the wiki stored? I could not find it in the Team site under Site Assets or as an app...

• Artur VentselArtur Ventsel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Scott, I had the same task with moving existing OneNote KB into Teams. Me and team decided to use OneNote application to make the search, didn't find another way. If we can have this search in Teams that will be awesome!

• WillWill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will really help company wide adoption for us. searchability seems like a basic necessity of any wiki.

• ScottScott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, please implement this as soon as possible!

I am trying to move an existing OneNote Knowledgebase into Teams to help encourage adoption within my, but full text search within the Wiki or OneNote tab is absolutely a must for us.

Feedback and Knowledge Base