How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Fulltextsearch for Wiki

It seems like the wiki content is not searchable with the global search

A wiki you cannot search for entries is useless...

1,119 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

140 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please increase the priority of making the Wiki searchable in MS Teams. I'm trying to migrate my developers to using MS Teams, and this issue is not helping.

• Gary Blackwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Warren,
        Can you check to see if you can move the search wiki feature up in priority so it is not a backlog item?
        Thanks,
        Gary

Why did you create the wiki feature if it wasn't searchable? This seems like an absolutely essential aspect of this feature.

I really hope the solution is just around the corner. We have been talking about building a wiki based around Sharepoint and having it in teams just makes so much sense, so please give us some good news soon.

Seems to me that the entire Microsoft Teams product is using the same broken search function since the same result can also be seen when you try to add people from a distribution list to team... but it gets even worse there since you can only search from the beginning of the groups name, not with any other words in the name!!!

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any chance this can be pushed up the queue? There have beena lot of great enhancements to Teams already, but the missing search for Wiki / OneNote tabs is still a HUGE hindrance for us ...

• Eli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow! And people wonder when others roll their eyes at you when you tell them you are going to roll out Teams!

• Daniel Löber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

...thats such a poor story that there is a wiki without any search functionality. Please set that on your priority list!

• S P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Search works but selecting the result takes you to a browser to download the file...

I wish I could give a thousand votes to this. I was so shocked when I found out the wiki is not searchable. Even more shocked when I see this has been on the table for a year without being prioritised. When I first found out I figured it is just a matter of time, it will be implemented as soon as they get around to doing it. A wiki without search is like an old paper encyclopedia, I will have to order everything alphabetically for anyone to find anything. Too silly. Would be nice to know if/when search will be implemented, to be able to decide if we should start using this wiki function, or find a different alternative.

How the **** did MS roll this out with out a search solution for wiki content! this is the basis on wich i build my knowlage-base on teams.... MS - dont loose your toch...

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base