How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Fulltextsearch for Wiki

It seems like the wiki content is not searchable with the global search

A wiki you cannot search for entries is useless...

2,908 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

341 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Must have ability to search both the Teams channel's "wiki" tabs AND wiki content in the SharePoint online site associated with the team (wiki page library). Is this still "Planned" as of April 2019?

• Ken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Going back to OneNote. Must be able to find content. Search should have a way to search only a channel and not all content in Teams.

• MarkT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do like the wiki option, but I have to agree that it is not useful if it is not searchable. The whole point would be to capture knowledge/ solutions in a Wiki format, especially on shorter topics so there is no need to create a full document. The power of a Wiki is that you can easily capture and find content. Like the topics it the Forum it would be quite impossible to find a request/ suggestion if you could not search for it.

• Gary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was evaluating Confluence and Team Viewer to enable a knowledge base for our sales team and leveraging Wiki capabilities. I really like Team Viewer because of the incorporation of files/People/comments/Wiki all together along with the easy integration of OneNote. However, without search not sure why Wiki is even enabled inside Team Viewer (seems like most in this forum agree). Looking at MS responses this capability does not seem a priority as in "Planning" for this length of time July of last year doesn't give me faith that this will be incorporated. Confluence here i come.

• Bryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot believe the last update is still Sep 2018. Either take the wiki down altogether or get the search function in ASAP. The search function is a all-or-nothing situation for a wiki.

• Jeffrey Lewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A Wiki is not a Wiki without 'Search'. Can you imagine trying to use 'Wikipedia' without being able to 'search'.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on making the wiki searchable? I cannot start using it until it is.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18

Feedback and Knowledge Base