How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Tracking hours spent on tasks in planner

I am not able to capture the amount of time I spend everyday on a particular task. We usually break down the task to as small a possible and work on more than one task on any given day. It will help if we can capture the amount of time we spend on a given task on a daily basis.
It will also help if we can plot the effort spent (individually and cumulatively). My intention is to have a scrum board for my team.

107 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We must continue to use Trello until we have a way to track time against tasks and report/export time data.

• Hans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is a killer feature which would decide our organisation to use MS Planner (integrated in MS Teams) for time tracking, instead of 3rd party tools. Microsoft: please help us out here

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would definitely help my small business. I currently use TimeCamp to track time, however it doesn't talk to Planner. It currently talks to Asana but then I am using 3 programs instead of 1. Would be great to be able to use just Planner and have everything in one place.

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just came looking for same thing. Using teams but really miss some form of time tracking on tasks. Something simple like TaskMeister offers, a timer you can start and stop against a task would be good start.

• Greg Short commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are currently using Harvest for project time tracking. This would allow us to not have to track multiple websites for a single project.

Feedback and Knowledge Base