How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Option to disable animated GIF Autoplay

Please provide an Option to disable antimated GIF Autoplay so they dont start Playback when someone posts them.

57 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

KaiKai shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Robert CaseyRobert Casey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The pause button on the animated gif also DOES NOTHING in individual chats on the Windows client: 1.0.00.19451 (64-bit)

Animated GIFs are great and love having them. Just need to be able to turn them off, minimize them, something when I'm done with it.

• Ben La MonicaBen La Monica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a pause button on the animated gif, and it DOES NOTHING. (at least in individual chats). Mac Client: 1.0.00.19452.

• Derek-ETSDerek-ETS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should include the ability to have in collapsed format by default - similar to Slack's Inline Media & Links /collapse feature *INCLUDING for internal organization.

• Cody BoisclairCody Boisclair commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a legitimate accessibility issue for people prone to migraines or seizures - if anyone posts a rapidly flashing GIF, there's no way to stop or hide it as far as I can tell.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is VERY much needed! Autoplay is annoying .... but what's worse is pausing GIFs but then have them automatically start again when I navigate away from them and then back.

Constantly looping GIFs is really distracting - it prevents me from keeping a window up while working, which makes it unusable for an enterprise collaboration tool.

Yes please. I would like to remove them entirely -- emsecially when they block other more important content under a 'see more' ellipsis.

• John BaretskyJohn Baretsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love having the animated GIFs, but it would be great to not have them autoplay every time I scroll through a chat conversation. For me, the ability to disable the Autoplay could be universal (i.e I have to press play on it every time) or even just once they've timed out (i.e. it plays once but once it times out and pauses, I have to manually start it to play it again). Either option would be great.

Feedback and Knowledge Base