How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Call with Teams on Windows 10 Mobile

On Android (and maybe on iOS as well) we can start calls in Teams. Unfortunately, I cannot start a call on my Lumia phone (with Windows 10 Mobile). Please implement this feature!

32 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Martin Dubovszki shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys don't waste your time posting here regarding anything related to Teams on W10 Mobile.
        No offense to Warren personally but it is obvious he is only a mouth piece with old information. Microsoft in their usual sneaky way have announced via a post on their support site that Teams for w10 mobile will STOP working completely later THIS month. Same with thing happening with Yammer. A big thanks to microsoft for supporting all the business users who bought their phones. As a surface user since V2 of the product I will NEVER again buy into any new hardware that microsoft produces. We paid premium prices and got awful support. Microsoft NEVER supported their own platform properly. There is a lesson to be learned here that this company is clearly focused on financials and no longer cares about customer sentiment. That will come back to bite the current management some day.

(Consumers quickly forget and move on to the next "new" thing. When you hurt a persons business......that is something that people tend to remember for a LONG time)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4134653/windows-phone-apps-for-skype-for-business-microsoft-teams-and-yammer-a

• Mi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any possiblity to make a call/videocall from Microsoft Teams client on Microsoft Windows 10 Mobile? device HP Elite X3

very strange, today lost time and patience with about 15 people from MS support. noone can give support for Micrsoft Teams and Windows 10 Mobile. There is no EOS date, but i cannot open any request about this problem.

• Boyd Gerber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So I've been using Windows Mobile up through Windows 10 Mobile (years of use) and went out to the Microsoft Online Store around Thanksgiving and bought two of the Acatel Idol 4S Windows 10 Phones. A phone for me and a phone for my dad. I've been a massive promoter of Teams and now 1) Windows Phone 10 is in a "supported only as currently implemented (just hold and maintain function with security updates) and 2) Microsoft Teams new features on Windows 10 Mobile are playing "back seat"/"2nd fiddle" to Android and iOS.

Why can't a flagship Microsoft Product such as Microsoft Teams have parity functionality to Android and iPhone with a Microsoft Windows 10 Mobile release time that is not behind the release to non-Microsoft mobile operating systems (Android and iPhone)?

Big Picture: When someone in IT used an iPhone or Android device, one strong potential is that they then go have their manager buy them an Apple MacBook, not a Windows 10 PC. Then since already using Apple iPhone and Apple MacBook, they use the Google Browser, not Edge. Then since there is an already leaning towards Unix/Linux by the Corporate Networking Team of the respective business, why not use Google Apps, IBM Bluemix, and/or Amazon Web Service for Apps because a Unix variant sits under the hood of a MacBook. This probable scenario cuts into the whole Azure, PAAS, IAAS strategic direction at Microsoft.

Oh, so "if" Surface Phone every materializes to the general public, a thought is this will likely be to compete on the high end like with the iPhone X and the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+. What about the business that want's a mobile device to use Microsoft Teams at an economical mid-price point that runs on an OS other than Android? The Microsoft Launcher for Android does not even let you know how many e-mail are unread, all you get is a notification of a new e-mail. Badge count functionality does not act like the functional Tiles of Windows 10 Mobile.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So I've been using Windows Mobile up through Windows 10 Mobile (years of use) and went out to the Microsoft Online Store around Thanksgiving and bought two of the Acatel Idol 4S Windows 10 Phones. A phone for me and a phone for my dad. I've been a massive promoter of Teams and now 1) Windows Phone 10 is in a "supported only as currently implemented (just hold and maintain function with security updates) and 2) Microsoft Teams new features on Windows 10 Mobile are playing "back seat"/"2nd fiddle" to Android and iOS.

Why can't a flagship Microsoft Product such as Microsoft Teams have parity functionality to Android and iPhone with a Microsoft Windows 10 Mobile release time that is not behind the release to non-Microsoft mobile operating systems (Android and iPhone)?

Big Picture: When someone in IT an iPhone or Android, one strong potential is that they then go have their manager buy them an Apple MacBook, not a Windows 10 PC. Then since already using Apple iPhone and Apple MacBook, they use the Google Browser, not Edge. Then since there is an already leaning towards Unix/Linux by the Corporate Networking Team of the respective business, why not use Google Apps, IBM Bluemix, and/or Amazon Web Service for Apps because a Unix variant sits under the hood of a MacBook. This probable scenario cuts into the whole Azure, PAAS, IAAS strategic direction at Microsoft.

Oh, so "if" Surface Phone every materializes to the general public, a thought is this will likely be to compete on the high end like with the iPhone X and the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+. What about the business that want's a mobile device to use Microsoft Teams at an economical mid-price point that runs on an OS other than Android? The Microsoft Launcher for Android does not even let you know how many e-mail are unread, all you get is a notification of a new e-mail. Badge count functionality does not act like the functional Tiles of Windows 10 Mobile.

• Dxb D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still upset that this is not available on microsoft own platform.

Feedback and Knowledge Base