How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Introduce the O365 App Launcher in the top left corner

Since Teams is a part of Office 365 why is there no App Launcher aka 'The waffle"in the top left corner ?

296 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jan-Peter Beekman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded  · 

Hi everyone — we have implemented this on the web version.

We will not be implementing it in the desktop app or mobile app due to other high priority engineering items.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Suphatra
    Twitter: @skprufo

43 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dean Gross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the App launcher does not behave the same as is does in the other browser apps. It does not provide the ability to see all apps and does not show recent documents. Please finish the implementation so that is consistent with the other apps in O365

• LisaJo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make the waffle, in general, work the same as it does in every other O365 app, but, at least, please change the SharePoint link in the waffle in TEAMS (browser) so that it leads to the SharePoint homepage instead of the root site of the tenant.

• Al Manson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excellent add! Noticed that it only shows the basic eight apps. I usually get 13 with an All Apps option.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to have a back navigation in teams web client.
        in all other services like outlook, onedrive, shaerpoint ect. is the applauncher for navigating back to other services but not in teams!

• Anthony Elgan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unless you are going to add a shortcut back to Outlook in the side bar on Teams, then you need to give us a waffle to navigate other Office 365 programs. The absence of this feature in Teams online is really confusing to me.... Why wouldn't it be there? How hard could it really be to allow me to navigate within O365?? This is a feature that just baffles me why it wasn't included in the original release...

• Justin Couto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really don't understand why the app launcher is not in teams. It makes no sense. I understand you want users to add tabs to teams and stay there all the time, but this doesn't work for everything. Please add the app launcher to teams.

• Ona Bonsell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The design of the Teams Web app varies from other apps; we need consistency in navigating to other apps. Currently, you loose the app launcher with the Teams Web app. Please add the waffle to the Teams Web app.

• Angela B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the App launcher to Teas to provide a more positive user experience in Teams.

Agreed, we need this so we have an easy fallback to O365 portal.
        I don't even understand how it is not the case already.

• Paul Watson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must surely the point of having a suite of products is that they have common functionality.

I am trying to get our school administration on board with using Teams and this is one of the first complaints they had! It may seem like a small change but it is a BIG issue for teachers/admin who may not be as tech-savvy. Every added step makes it less likely they will take advantage of this great tool!

• sk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, this is needed feature.. can't understand why this isn't default thing for all things O365

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base