How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

When granting access a Security group or Distribution list to a Team. Changes to the security groups/DL does not apply.

When granting access a Security group or Distribution list to a Team. Changes to the security groups/DL does not apply. If a user leaves the company or if we have new users, it is a manual process to add or remove them from a Team. Since we can select a Security group or Distribution list, changes to either should be reflected on the Team members.

852 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jason Mayde shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

82 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Christopher Butler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dynamic groups sound like a good idea, but I was not able to create a dynamic group in Azure that was based on Security Group membership from my on-premises AD (that is synced with AAD). It does not appear that "memberOf" is a field that is usable with the custom dynamic rules...

• Chris Howett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Linking teams to a DL or a security group is one time operation. To maintain "dyamanic" groups and use attributes to update groups (derived from on-premises AD), the underlying group in a Team (an Office 365 Group) can be populated by Dynamic groups which kind of resolves this issue. Dynamic groups are the way forward rather than relying on static membership. More info here:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/dynamic-memberships

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Large enterprises obviously need this as associates will add via DL/Sec Group. This should have been builtin.

Our management want to use 'teams' in our organisation (+ 1000 users) but missing active directory integration is a huge drawback to roll out Teams !

Please raise this to the top of your backlog. I think this is the biggest handicap in Teams at the moment.

• Mike H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please add AD sync groups to Office 365 groups. with sync'd changes when AD on-prem is updated

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to happen. Leaving central management out of this tool makes Teams too much of a mess to use at the enterprise level.

I am totally stuck with how I would like architect my content and share it across different teams without the ability to add a dynamically updated distribution lists as a member of Teams Groups when sharing content from one Team/Sharepoint Site and another.

PLEASE PLEASE IMPLEMENT

I've hit this issue today and am adding my vote for up ranking the delivery of this feature.

No being able to reference a dynamic distribution list to the access rights prevents me from sharing sharepoint lists created in one team or sharepoint collection as tabs available to other users or teams.

For example I want an IT Training Team and sharepoint collection where I maintain a list of technical tip documents. Then I want to add that as a tab to the General channel of out All User team so any employee can reference the training documents. This is not feasible if the list of members with rights to the IT Training Team's sharepoint site and the list I created there has to be manually updated every time a user joins or leaves.

The lack of this feature is frustrating and holding up the ability for us to use Sharepoint and Teams in a way we would like to.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base