How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Separate speakers for Notification Audio vs Call Audio (Desktop)

When headphones are always plugged in, it is easy to miss a notification. An option to specify different speakers for Call Audio vs Notification Audio would be awesome. Similar to Skype.

1,093 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Stefan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

203 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Torsten Küsters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bitte stellen Sie das Feature, dass für den Klingelton separat festgelegt werden kann auf welchem Geräte dieser wiedergegeben werden soll. Dies war in Skype for Business möglich.
    Bei angeschlossenem Headset bekommt man sonst schnell mal einen Anruf nicht mit.

• Rodda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to get some roadmap info on when this fundamental feature will become available. I am a Sales Rep selling microsoft voice/video solutions and I really cannot pitch Teams to any organisation until I know ETA for this feature.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have some users in our workshop that constantly miss their calls due to environmental noises, very weak (and unchangeable) MS Teams ringtone and unability to route notification sound to speaker instead of headset..
    Come on Microsoft, that's a very basic functionnality that was available in SfB !

Is this getting fixed ???? Major issue for us who have just implemented and realized this flaw in the program.

We have migrated our office to Teams Telephony, only to discover this feature. This needs to be fixed asap. It is not realistic to assume that people walk round with headsets on all day. Really poor design, Microsoft.

I am having the same problem as what others have described: calls used to ring audibly from laptop, but no longer. As a result, I am missing calls which is unacceptable (showstopper!). Please add this feature ASAP.

Very annoying as this feature was working then stopped. I used to have my desktop speakers ring as my "default device" and when the call was answered, my headset would take over as the "default communication device". Since last week, this stopped.

• Krzysztof commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with below comments. This feature was very useful in Skype for Business !

Same here. Showstopper for rolling out Teams at the moment.. Please add this feature

• Nathan Hartley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could the problem be that Teams is a Progressive Web App (PWA)? Do PWAs only have access to a single audio device at a time?

• Adam F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES!!!! I noticed this right near the beginning of our company transitioning to teams. MAJOR pain to not have the ability to send the "ringing" of the phone to external speakers. Please make this change as SOON as possible. This is basic functionality.

Yep, I'm on this bandwagon too. I'm missing calls. Why was this not rolled out in the first version? Early versions of Skype had this!

• James S-L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be resolved a.s.a.p. List of things that don't work as expected in Teams are:
    - this secondary ringer issue
    - Contact card - cannot click to call, and can only show one phone number in the card
    - Delegates - cannot call call on behalf as a delegate unless go to chat area, and dialler is not available in chat area
    - Hold music not available

Feedback and Knowledge Base