How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Separate speakers for Notification Audio vs Call Audio (Desktop)

When headphones are always plugged in, it is easy to miss a notification. An option to specify different speakers for Call Audio vs Notification Audio would be awesome. Similar to Skype.

1,077 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Stefan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

198 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also agree. We tested teams but had to revert to SFB as this feature was missing.

• Terry May commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an essential feature. Teams is not an appropriate replacement for Skype for Business without the option to choose what rings and the ability to unmute your ring speaker.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring this (simple) feature to Teams. Or are there any work arounds to handle this problem?

• J. Jacobi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without this option i'm on risk to miss calls. When I'm not in a call i typically do not wear my headset.

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even the shittest most average phone system has this as a feature. Please give it to us

• GregP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The app loses a ton of value without this. I am constantly missing calls and notifications because my default audio device is a headset.

• Charlie Myers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ironically, when I *make* a call to another teammate, I can actually hear it ring through the main speakers. It seems to be only when *receiving* a call that it rings through only the headset. Anyone else experience that?

• Charlie Myers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're transitioning from 3CXPhone, and it offers a similar option to what's been described for Skype in previous comments. It has a Ringing setting that's separate from the Microphone and Speaker setting used for the actual communication, which allows us to set the ringer to be the main speakers or default device, while the mic and speakers for communication can be set to those of the headset. Without a separate setting, we risk missing calls because of the inability to hear the ringing if we aren't constantly wearing the headset.

Feedback and Knowledge Base