How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Separate speakers for Notification Audio vs Call Audio (Desktop)

When headphones are always plugged in, it is easy to miss a notification. An option to specify different speakers for Call Audio vs Notification Audio would be awesome. Similar to Skype.

1,063 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Stefan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

195 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Gurj S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How could this basic feature have ever been overlooked? UAT testing by a bunch of 'yes' men

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for this. It worked fine in Skype for Business, and is really stopping us from using Teams.

• Domin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is also a pity that Windows Settings allows to define different device for for Communications versus default speaker.
    But Teams just ignores that setting and use only Communications device.

• Marilyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very much needed as we've already missed many calls & it's just the first week!!

• Joel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dooooooooooooo ittttttttttttttt. We need more robust audio notification settings. Huge loss over Skype for Business.

• J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring this (simple) feature to Teams. Or are there any work arounds to handle this problem?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it is ridiculous that there is no audio notification. nobody spends their entire day looking at their monitor. calls get missed!

• Matt Schwark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not a big fan of how the transition from SfB to Teams has taken place when all the functionality isn't there, and this is one example. That along with the one or the other mentality and no integration has been painful. I vote to add.

If you put the headset jack into the computer, then the speakers are muted, and there is no way to change this, because there is only one audio card internally. If you get a USB sound card I/O ($5-$10 at discount locations) then you have doubled the audio devices and you can get the sound where you want it to go, as God intended. That is why the users with USB speaker phones have no problem. I hate not being able to have more Out-of-the-Box flexibility in the audio routing, but such is life.

• Tomasz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this really is a pain in the a** if you miss calls not wearing a headset all the time

• Justin Gramm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What I want to know is what exactly Microsoft has to gain from making Telecommuters and Remote Offices vanish and everyone has to come to the same central workspace again. Do they own stock in big oil or something? Because there are enough little things like this that make Teams so useless and yet they are killing Skype for Business anyway.

• Simon G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hoping this is implemented soon.... Just migrating to Teams for the phone system.

• Jake Edwards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This affects dialing out too -- it rings the default PC device instead of the Voice speaker set. Once the call is connected it switches to voice device.

I also agree. We tested teams but had to revert to SFB as this feature was missing.

• Terry May commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an essential feature. Teams is not an appropriate replacement for Skype for Business without the option to choose what rings and the ability to unmute your ring speaker.

Feedback and Knowledge Base