How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Separate speakers for Notification Audio vs Call Audio (Desktop)

When headphones are always plugged in, it is easy to miss a notification. An option to specify different speakers for Call Audio vs Notification Audio would be awesome. Similar to Skype.

1,066 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Stefan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

197 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Alan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a major feature gap and is causing us to miss calls as we are all headset users,

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree totally, we use headsets and we now can't leave the computer for fear of missing a call through the speakers.

• Rob Nicholson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

>Like everyone else, the lack of this feature is what is keeping me from moving from SFB to Teams: Microsoft is forcing us to move to Teams next month so not pleased about loosing this useful feature in SfB.

• Rob Nicholson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad to hear this is on the road map as I'm missing important calls since switching to teams. Like many, I have a USB headset plugged in for use. However, if I'm away from my desk or not looking at the screen, I can't hear it ringing. I'm sure I read they claimed Teams was now feature matching SfB. Don't think so :-)

• Scott W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is apparently now on the roadmap (added May 2019).
    But you wonder how such an essential messaging feature was ever left out to begin with! ....

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like everyone else, the lack of this feature is what is keeping me from moving from SFB to Teams, and why I also don't recommend teams to clients.

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

means every call is a missed call and needs to be called back, hmmm who gets paid for the outbound call ??

• JBH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So basic a feature and so frustrating. The only good way to get around this is to have cell phone nearby with Teams active so ringing can be heard. This should be a requirement for ALL communications apps and considered a point of total failure of prioritization of updates if not implemented very quickly.

• Royden Burt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a basic feature which should have been deployed from day one. Please get this sorted ASAP so we can consider transitioning off of our Skype for Business Voice instance!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like everyone else I want the ring on my speakers and then to be able to hear and speak through my headset. I don't want to wear my headset all the time, and even if it's hanging round my neck I can't hear the ring.

It's such a retrograde step to not have the ringing function that we had in Skype! I honestly can't see how this ever got through UAT...

• Seth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My headset is my primary audio device because who really needs to disrupt their neighbors with bings, beeps, plunks and sudden random audio that starts playing in a friggin' ad when you're just trying to read a tech article, this is absolutely essential.

Please bring this functionality to Teams. I'm missing calls because there's no ring.

• PPEC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Came here after discovering that Teams is missing Skype for Business's "secondary ringer" feature. You would think this feature would be included from the very beginning considering how practical and basic it is. This is preventing a full deployment of Teams to all my users.

• Ashley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be considered when comparing Skype and Teams as one of the "parity" elements. Definitely needed. We need more votes for this feature.

• Torsten Küsters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This idea was discontinued March 14, 2017 and there is still no update or information from Microsoft. Very, very unfortunate and not to be carried out after.

Feedback and Knowledge Base