How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Separate speakers for Notification Audio vs Call Audio (Desktop)

When headphones are always plugged in, it is easy to miss a notification. An option to specify different speakers for Call Audio vs Notification Audio would be awesome. Similar to Skype.

1,063 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Stefan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

195 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • BR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must-have option. We are demo'ing the product at this time, but will not go live with a half-baked product. I see that it is on the roadmap, but need to have clarity on when the product will go live.
    I'm also trying to use SfB while this functionality is not working but support is telling me the functionality is also limited in SfB as we are new users.

• Iain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Surprised this is not an option already. We are missing several calls since moving to teams. Have just purchased a BusyLight (as I had seen them in operation elsewhere), however cant believe teams cannot make use of it from a ringing perspective.

:(

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is receptionist supposed to to answer calls when second calls ring loudly in headset while on first call?

Why does second call in call queue even trigger a ring? The point of the queue is to put additional callers on hold to wait.

• Dean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not having this feature makes this product unusable! I have had to switch to using my cell phone because otherwise I have no idea that someone is calling me. Please give me back Skype until Teams is actually ready for prime time!

• Doug Dagworthy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do they call this an upgrade when you take away major functionality like this. Not to mention that there seems to be a lot more clicks involved in getting anything done.

Did anyone even get an email saying that Skype for Business would stop working and force you to switch to Teams when you walk in one morning...the ghost of Balmer is alive!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please, please, allow for my computer speaker to ring when I receive incoming calls. I cannot sit all day with my headset on waiting for a call. It was a standard feature with Skype for business. Teams is supposed to be an improvement, not a lesser product. Don't force me to start looking for another provider because someone didn't take customer workflow into consideration when designing the new product.

• Alan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a major feature gap and is causing us to miss calls as we are all headset users,

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree totally, we use headsets and we now can't leave the computer for fear of missing a call through the speakers.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base