How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Separate speakers for Notification Audio vs Call Audio (Desktop)

When headphones are always plugged in, it is easy to miss a notification. An option to specify different speakers for Call Audio vs Notification Audio would be awesome. Similar to Skype.

1,276 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Stefan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

246 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Rob Nicholson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

>The current method makes absolutely no sense: whilst I'd like this feature too, there is sense behind it. Most users of Teams are in open plan offices and the ringing phone is a disruption (see being knocked out of the zone). Not a huge problem for me as I also have Teams on my mobile.

• Theron Croissant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ABSOLUTELY - This should have been the implementation from the start.

I do not wear my headphones constantly. When A call comes in it should ring my PC Speakers, and I will pick up the headphones, put them on, and accept the call.

The current method makes absolutely no sense.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You all need to add this just like Skype. i have missed more calls in one day on TEAMS. Fortunately our organization is rolling back TEAMS and going back to Skype.
    EPIC FAILURE on Microsoft side.

• Frank Clancy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Imagine if Apple said "You must either wear or unplug your headset if you want to hear calls ringing on your iPhone.

Samsung would see a flood of new users

• Frank Clancy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Imagine if Apple said "You must either wear or unplug your headset if you want to hear calls ringing on your iPhone.
    We'd all have Androids quickly

• Constantin Walter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

fyi, current workaround for secondary ringer: Installed MS Teams app on smart phone.
    In case of incoming call the smart phone rings too.

Ridiculous solution, but working out well.
    We are even considering to establish this for all colleagues struggling with this missing feature.

Chapeau, Microsoft.

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
    Yep, I miss pretty much every call because I use head phones to chat, but don't wear them generally.
    Cheers,
    Graham

This feature was available in Skype... It's not a nice to have, it's a need to have and is present in the software that Teams is based on. Please implement it ASAP, not Q4.

• Mr Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently Teams inbound calls only ring through my communication headset. But weirdly my laptop speakers ring briefly on outbound call transfer. Hmmm certainly not ideal.

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely agree with this, like a normal desk phone (which I assume this is meant to replace) does not ring through the headset that is permanently connected it rings through the phones loudspeaker always. I wouldn't even consider using a solution that does not allow this.

• Kat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To be honest, it is no option to have the headphones always on (the head). Even if they are plugged in there is no ring to hear unless you have them on. Right?
    I hope there will be a solution for a ring tone on speaker like in Skype sooner than on Q4.

• Thomas Lawson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How come this is the only item on the User Feedback forum with over 1,000 votes that doesn't have an official response from Microsoft. I'm advising all of my users who are complaining about this to add their vote here. It is ridiculous to sell a "phone" system that doesn't ring.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am finally voting with my money - and withdrawing from O365 and Teams. We have been with them nearly two years and for the money we pay them, to make changes that are clearly not fit for purpose and not to fix them in a reasonable time frame is simply unjustifiable. Teams has in most ways been a step backwards from Skype for Business and seems to be focused on non-business use, or inter office communication only.

Unbelievable that this has been pushed back to end of Q4. We use Teams for PSTN. It's bad enough that when a member of staff is on a call, the SECOND RINGER comes through the headset, unable to hear what the customer is saying because of a second ring.

Microsoft need to get their act together. Teams has massive potential but is let down by other priority jobs like "Let's add emoji replies to chats" - Or "Live Events" which the majority of customers probably don't use.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.