How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

change requirement to press tab button in order to make Polly bot work

It turns out that when using the Polly bot one has to press tab after typing "@polly". I can kinda see why this is necessary but I didn't figure this out for myself, I had to email Polly support who kindly replied (very quickly, within a couple of minutes) and pointed me to this article: https://www.polly.ai/help/msteams/author-poll-not-working.html which states

"If you tried something like @polly "Your poll in quotes" "voting option" "another voting option" but nothing is happening, then you’re likely not tagging Polly correctly. In Microsoft Teams, you need to hit tab after typing @polly in order for us to regonize (sic) the mention"

Its not a good experience. I originally thought it was Polly's fault but its totally not, and that's unfair on Polly.

Please change this behaviour. If I @ mention polly then this should work, I shouldn't have to press the tab button.

Thoughts? Comments? Please put them below.

9 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jamie Thomson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kristopher Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More generally, why do we need to confirm selection of the person we want to mention? I am sure there is a reason, I just think having to go further than @mention to address someone makes for a less ideal workflow.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.